IBA email

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, I touched base with Ira regarding this email, and this was his response:

"The email indicates that the ride is in the system and has passed preliminary review. After that, the ride goes through the full

verification and a final review by Mike before he signs your certificate."

So while we're getting there, we're not there quite yet...

Jeff

FWIW, I touched base with Ira regarding this email, and this was his response:
"The email indicates that the ride is in the system and has passed preliminary review. After that, the ride goes through the full

verification and a final review by Mike before he signs your certificate."

So while we're getting there, we're not there quite yet...

Jeff
Well golly lee gee, shucks darn, and poopies too. Just when I thought I got it. It gets yacked back. thats OK, I know how to wait I got the bike didn't I?

Last edited by a moderator:
My checked cleared today (sent end of July) for anybody keeping track. Good to see some movement there!

Jeff

I got my certificate a couple of weeks ago for a BBG I did back in AUG 06. I had a BB1000 a couple of years back. I don't have any problems with waiting a while for the certification.

Heres the strange part. I did the SS1000 for me, not for the certificate. I had a brand new touring bike and it felt good, very comfortable, lots of power, a bike that felt like it just had to go places. I had never owned a motorcycle of this catagory before so this is all a new page in the book for me.

So I woke up early one Saturday morning to find that the SO planned to leave me alone and unsupervised, I said to myself "Self lets find out what that FJR will really do".

During the waiting period (6 months worth) I'd had lots of time to visit motorcycle websights, and of course the Iron Butt site was one of them. I had read the ride reports and of course thought I'd like to try that one of these days. So for no other reason than a empty day, I pulled up S&T on the computor, found me a nice circulaur route so I would have cutouts to come home for when I had to quit, and then just for grins went to the IBA site and printed off the forms. Went out and grabbed the guy next door for a witness( I didn't wake him up, he was in his garage prepping his mower to cut the lawn.) check the bike, geared up and took off.

The strange part is the longer I wait the more I want that ceritification. The certitifcations real value is the fact that these rides are truly validated and there is no question that it is just a piece of paper that you bought. Posers can't get them, you have to EARN them.

Still waiting and more rides planned.

I got my certificate a couple of weeks ago for a BBG I did back in AUG 06.
Good news... hopefully my Post-WFO5 BBG cert should be in the mail anytime now... :rolleyes:
Sigh... here it is March of '07, and I still got nada... at this point, I start to wonder if my package got lost in the mail...
Didn't you send it Cert/Ret. Receipt? I think someone just posted that they are running a min of 6 months now...

Good news... hopefully my Post-WFO5 BBG cert should be in the mail anytime now... :rolleyes:
Sigh... here it is March of '07, and I still got nada... at this point, I start to wonder if my package got lost in the mail...
Didn't you send it Cert/Ret. Receipt? I think someone just posted that they are running a min of 6 months now...
It's been so long, I have no idea....

I just checked my online bank account though, and a check that was written back in August of last year got cashed in Mid-January... so maybe it's getting close.

I just checked my online bank account though, and a check that was written back in August of last year got cashed in Mid-January... so maybe it's getting close.
Well, at least you know they got the package. Sounds like you need to start clearing a space on the mantle, tho. ;)

I've got 3 rides from last year I'd like to have certified, but now I'm thinking I'll just hold on to the paperwork a little longer and give them poor guys a chance to catch their breath. Looking at the rider numbers flying around, I'd say the IBA is in a state of mass growth with it's membership.

Hang in there a little longer Groo!

I checked in with Ira the other day (my check was cashed about a month ago), and the response was that I was next up for final certification by Michael, who is out of the country for a couple of weeks. I *hope* to see mine before the end of the month...

I've got 3 rides from last year I'd like to have certified, but now I'm thinking I'll just hold on to the paperwork a little longer and give them poor guys a chance to catch their breath. Looking at the rider numbers flying around, I'd say the IBA is in a state of mass growth with it's membership.
Ack!

Get off yer Welsh arse and send the damned paperwork in ya freakin ninny!

I still haven't received my BBG cert from a ride in early July of ought-six. They cashed my check in January too. Hang in there folks. I know it sucks, but ride certs are simply running just a wee bit behind.

Ack!

Get off yer Welsh arse and send the damned paperwork in ya freakin ninny!

I still haven't received my BBG cert from a ride in early July of ought-six. They crashed my check in January too. Hang in there folks. I know it sucks, but ride certs are simply running just a wee bit behind.
There, fixed it for you. :lol:

I *hope* to see mine before the end of the month...
Did yours every show up Jeff? Mine is still "in work" I guess...

Nothing yet. I will post here when it does.

Last time I touched base in early March, I was awaiting final certification, and Michael was out of the country for "a couple of weeks". I had hoped to see it by end of March, but no such luck.

I rush home every day and check the mailbox for my secret decoder ring....