I'm back and think I'm headed east

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian, every time I see the title of your thread in the New Content list, I think "Doesn't he have a GPS? Don't they tell you what direction you're heading?"

But really, that's my style of touring too. Plans cramp your style, don't they? See where the road takes you, and have a BLAST!

Outstanding ride today from Salt Lake City via Kamas and Dinosaur to Grand Junction, Colorado. Wolf Creek and Stegosaurus Freeway are must do's. Meeting up with a few adventure riders here for a jaunt through the Colorado Monument in the morning.

Great day Saturday, met at breakfast with a bunch of Adventure Riders whom I joined for a ride through Colorado National Monument which has some breathtaking vistas. Then a scenic ride along 141/145 to Ouray then took in the Million Dollar Highway to Silverton. Catch up with friends tomorrow in Lake City.

Looking froward to you making it down our way, Festar. Make sure you allocate at least a couple of days in the Ozarks. You got a little taste of it when you picked up the bike in 2014, but there's so much more. Oark Cafe is a MUST! I'll be back from WV on the evening of the 4th of July. Anytime after that Ms. Bandit and I will be glad to host ya and show you around.

Looking froward to you making it down our way, Festar. Make sure you allocate at least a couple of days in the Ozarks. You got a little taste of it when you picked up the bike in 2014, but there's so much more. Oark Cafe is a MUST! I'll be back from WV on the evening of the 4th of July. Anytime after that Ms. Bandit and I will be glad to host ya and show you around.
How far from the Ozarks are you Turk?I'll do my best

How long should I give myself to ride and enjoy the trip from Alabama to Michigan say?

Last edited by a moderator:
Birmingham is 450 miles straight shot from the foothills of the Ozarks. It's a full day if you choose to avoid interstates.

As for Alabama to Michigan.... I'm guessing you'll get several responses and recommendations on this one. Definitely, at least five days minimum, a week would be even better. You'll want to hit North Georgia on the way to North Carolina, slide thru Eastern Kentucky / West Virginia and Southeast Ohio along the way.

Suches, Tellico Plains, Deal's Gap, Blue Ridge Parkway just for starters. I'm sure others will chime in on this one.

If you get around Nashville or East Tennessee, give us a holler! Be safe and enjoy your trip.

festar posted: <snip> ... so many options.
Yes, the southern Appalachians (Tennessee, Georgia, North and South Carolina) have a wealth of scenic and curvy roads. If you wait until late July, however, it will start getting warm.

John Langdell, I have a new favourite!!!

Petey set me up with this, from Clarksville north east cross country through Marshal then left at Big Flat onto Push Mountain Road to Norfolk. About 2 1/2 hours of great road surface, sweeping 30-45 bends undulating hills and the odd tortoise. Very little traffic. It was what dreams are made of.

I'll be right there, Festar. Only a few Candy Butt Ass miles to go.
punk.gif

John Langdell, I have a new favourite!!!Petey set me up with this, from Clarksville north east cross country through Marshal then left at Big Flat onto Push Mountain Road to Norfolk. About 2 1/2 hours of great road surface, sweeping 30-45 bends undulating hills and the odd tortoise. Very little traffic. It was what dreams are made of.
Ha! I've heard this before.

Well, I managed to miss Festar as he cruised through north Georgia a few days ago. Dammit. Wanted to repay the hospitality some of his countrymen showed me when I was on liberty in Perth.

Well, I managed to miss Festar as he cruised through north Georgia a few days ago. Dammit. Wanted to repay the hospitality some of his countrymen showed me when I was on liberty in Perth.
Festar hits from the right side of the wicket, not sure just what kinda "Hospitality" was included in your offer there mate.

If your Perth Liberty was anything like my Perth Liberty you know exactly what I mean, LOL