I'm done with FJRForum mods

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After 10 years on the Forum(s), where things used to be like your neighborhood bar...a community where you shared, cried, played jokes on one another. I'm done with Iggy...and Bounce.

I love the people in this place, but getting timeouts a number of times for silly shit is kindergarten stuff. Coming back from a gathering you organized to find you can't login.

Back in the day, mods were different, and this place used to have a banter...but I guess that the Great Iggy has a no banter rule.

I love the people, hate some of the mods...send me PMs over at FJRiders if you want to talk about upcoming trips or whatever.

History...

...and a little Timmy send off for Iggy.
fuck.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
See ya on the other side and at the rides. And to think you just went over 500 on likes!

There is a problem, and I greatly miss those that have left or been forced to leave. I sometimes hear from them by PM. I have had posts I thought were good, end up in "split off-topic crap" a few times, but have never been timed out. This keeps happening, and there has been more discretion on Rule 10, but recognition of this site as both technical and social still has a way to go. It pays to be patient and have a short-term memory. At my age, the short-term memory thing is easy.

I find this depressing as Hell.

I try not to kick the sand because it is not my sandbox, but sometimes it is hard. There are so many wonderful people here that I personally hate to shut the door and leave but I agree it is very oppressive here. I stay for my friends but I don't enjoy this place that much anymore.

Does it truly violate the spirit of the forum that this place is as much a social site as an information site? Is it that painful to our Admin team that we like to joke and have fun with our "friends"? I truly cannot understand why this forum has become so strict, structured and unfriendly. Is the sole purpose of the forum a cut and dried information exchange? Is there no room for it to be a gathering of like minded people? Why is there so little tolerance from our Admins? Why is it so painful for them when we discuss something that is not strictly FJR related, when we joke around?

I wish many things were different, but I don't own the sandbox. I try to respect the owner(s) but I am starting to enjoy other sandboxes more.

I'm a FNG, but one of the things that attracted me to this forum was the high level of "Irreverence" exhibited and tolerated, also the absolutely total lack of Political BS that seems to creep into every other forum i've ever been associated with.

Hope you reconsider.

John

I use this site for technical info and tend to share the FJR experience on the FJR Owners FB Page. A very relaxing place to share the social side of riding the FJR. I am sure many from this forum are on there. No hard-nose administrating. Good times. This forum here is great, but it's more of an online FJR Owners Manual and Tech Discussion.

Although I haven't been around as long as most of you, I have accepted the fact that we are all guests in the home of the Admins.

As the homeowners they have every right to do as they see fit without any discussion or votes.

Anymore I Don't post something I wanted to say much more often than I do.

With all that said...It would be a very boring gathering without any guests!

It wasn't always like this. Not that long ago, a large hammer was dropped due to the incessant whining of a few thin skinned tender hearts. As in society, the whining tender hearts whine and cry loud enough that people begin making concessions.

There is great technical info here, that cannot be argued. BUT, it used to be a shit ton of fun too. Sometimes it still is, and my gripes are usually pretty few, but I, like others have seen the heavy hand. As said before, it's not my sandbox, so I try to play by the set rules. Most times, it seems it's not the rules that piss people off, but the way they are administered. I truly like that political and religious debate are kept in check, but other stuff seems less offensive.

I'm not privvy to any time outs, so I won't even try to make a guess, but Wheaties has been here longer than many, so I wonder what 'broke the camel's back.' I guess the question is, " Was it really that important?"

WOW! I'm watching a slow miserable, painful death of the FJRForum over the last several months.

I have belonged to several motorcycle forums over the last several years and none of them hold my attention because they don't offer the combination of information, entertainment, and great characters that this one has offered. If all I need is information about my bike or how to do something I can Google it. I don't need this forum if it doesn't offer a good time and camaraderie to go along with the great information. I'm afraid the information will also dry up to some extent as people won't feel as connected as they have in the past and be driven to share.

I sure wish we could figure out how to get this train back on the tracks because following two parallel forums with nearly the same information is a pain in the ass and a waste of time.

I miss that lightheartedness as well... I respect those that run this forum... I tried running one for a short time and it's a lot of work and a PITA so I understand trying to keep it to a low simmer, etc. But sometimes if you hold onto something so tight, it slips away from you through the cracks and you're left with emptiness. I too hope that there is a mid-ground that everyone can find and be comfortable with. Y'all have been very good to me over the years - mods and members - both before, during, and after my accident, and I appreciate it more than you'll ever know.

Namaste.

Enjoy the forum and the folks, and appreciate the admin. effort it takes to keep it going with some kind of structure and organization. If you do not sometimes irk someone in life you are not making any decisions.

I truly like that political and religious debate are kept in check, ...
I'm not privvy to any time outs, so I won't even try to make a guess, but Wheaties has been here longer than many, so I wonder what 'broke the camel's back.' I guess the question is, " Was it really that important?"
Wheaton neglected to share that was exactly why he got a time out...and not nearly his first transgression or warning.

but I guess that the Great Iggy has a no banter rule.
History...

...and a little Timmy send off for Iggy.
fuck.gif
No, we have a no politics and religion rule. Have had since all but the first year of the forum or so. Almost everybody never breaks it. But, you've been warned about it an other rules at least a half dozen times and again just recently.

Your choice of whether you want to come or not. Good luck.
wink.png

I've always enjoyed the forum, first for the tech and farkle info, later for the friends, events, and overall community. Now that the info is less needed, its a shame that many of the people whose company I enjoy no longer frequent this place.

Whatever the issues, I sure hope this place doesn't lose what makes it special and worth returning. It's not the info. It's the community.

Hope you guys work it out.

Sad. Anyone remember the birth of this forum and the arrogance that led to the split from the EZ Board forum and its admin's policies? Instructive maybe?

Some people have huge blind spots and some horses will refuse to drink even after being led to water. Some seem unable to treat others with respect, resorting instead to officious right. In their arrogance and lack of compassion, they usually lose the respect of others. Pretty clearly, that has happened here.

Wheaton neglected to share that was exactly why he got a time out...and not nearly his first transgression or warning.
Your house, Matt, but that's a mixture of chickenshit and horse dung. You can say this while it's a well known policy that quoting you (accurately) from a PM about something like an imposed discipline is a high crime around here?

You just nailed the problem with the bolded portion of your quote. Many of us know the forum members that you malign -- in person, not just off some internet board, so your penal justification for your claim of righteousness just plain smells wrong . . . especially when it's become a theme with you and Bounce. None of us are children, yet you insist on treating anyone who disagrees with you as such. And you expect to be respected from this? You know I've been here from the beginning, and I've long been on your side, long respected the job and effort you and the other admins put into keeping this place running. But you've lost me as your defensiveness and arrogance has increased, as your treatment of equals has become more intemperate, and as your fervor for imposing penalties has grown. Take a clue for a change.

Sad. Anyone remember the birth of this forum and the arrogance that led to the split from the EZ Board forum and its admin's policies? Instructive maybe?
What would TwoWheelNut say right about now?
Two good questions there.

I was only on sleazy board 4 maybe 5 months before the end.... I'll be nice and refrain from commenting.

We can only speculate what Tim would have said about the direction the forum has taken in the last year or so.. But I'd like to think he - and a few others MIA, could possibly have influenced the steerage.

I've lost track of the times I tossed my own ass under the bus here, but I'm not going to complain. I stated opinions knowing full well I would end up with my ass handed to me in a bag.

Didn't matter, I got my point across a few times.

I like the fact politics, religion, and shit like that aren't allowed here, there are plenty of sites on the web for that.

I don't like the fact that it seems some of the noobs get off easy with questions that even the lame assed search engine here could answer... I could elaborate further, but it would end up political.

Anymore I just ignore 'em and hope they step off a curb in front of a speeding bus.

All that being said.

I've made a load of friends from one end of this country to the other here. Learned how to wreck stuff with assistance from several smart guys, and drank beers and lied with most of 'em.

Traveled a few miles with some, and actually help out a few in need.

So I'm gonna stick around here, continue to avoid posts that I know will piss me off, and harass those with skin thick enough to take it an dish it back.

See what you assholes did? You forced Bust to stop drinking long enough to write something that makes sense. Just fucking great. Next thing we know, the Maple Leafs will win the Cup and the Detroit Lions will go undefeated to win the Superbowl. Our lives will be forever altered.

It's been a long cold winter up north....

Maybe we all just need a good escaping ride right now. It is good to see the long distance section getting some activity!

Hope to see you all on the road somewhere...