I'm done with FJRForum mods

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I expected this thread to be about FJR modifications suggested by Forum members. Figured all y'all were spending too much of Wheaties' money.

Was I ever wrong.

The only part that bugs me is if I post a question thats been posted before, even 5 years before, I end up in NERPT. Really? all these new people on the site, many changes to gear, tires, farkles, new model motorcycles and nobody, but nobody can add to what was asked 5 years ago? Nothing new out there huh? NERPT and don't ask again, really screw you then. I'll ask somewhere else.

Bounce said:
Interesting point. Did he leave back then, too?
Don't take too much joy in that, Bounce. I'm not here anywhere near what I used to be. Your Rules, Your Sandbox, I get it. :)
This reply from Vic has be scratching my head.

He replied to a post from Bounce that is timestampped 9:35am on 3/26, yet there is no post from Bounce at 9:35am on 3/26. So, is this reply from another thread? Or (I hope not) an Admin excercised some admin rights and deleted the post? If THAT is so, then I am personally very troubled by that.

It has been repeated ad infinitum that posts don't get deleted. They may be moved, or locked, but never deleted. What troubles me is that a post in this particular contentious thread has been deleted. That would be a serious "do as I say, not as I do" situation.

Some explanation should be forthcoming. And if I'm wrong singling out this instance, please, someone, enlighten me.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
This reply from Vic has be scratching my head...It has been repeated ad infinitum that posts don't get deleted. They may be moved, or locked, but never deleted. What troubles me is that a post in theis particular contentious thread has been deleted. That would be a serious...
I have had posts deleted without explanation. I know of threads that have been deleted. Some recently. There does seem to be a response to a post not posted in this thread. It may be coincidence that a frequent poster is MIA, just like his thread, but it did happen at the same time that Wheaties threw in the towel. Hopefully the night of the damned has ended and the sun is rising again.

Yep! Looks like he deleted the post I replied to. His Sandbox, His Rules I guess. :)

It was right after my post # 35 agreeing with airboss about keeping my mouth shut. :)

This reply from Vic has be scratching my head...It has been repeated ad infinitum that posts don't get deleted. They may be moved, or locked, but never deleted. What troubles me is that a post in this particular contentious thread has been deleted. That would be a serious...
I have had posts deleted without explanation. I know of threads that have been deleted. Some recently. There does seem to be a response to a post not posted in this thread. It may be coincidence that a frequent poster is MIA, just like his thread, but it did happen at the same time that Wheaties threw in the towel. Hopefully the night of the damned has ended and the sun is rising again.
That would surprise me, Alan, considering the value of the content of most, if not all, of your posts.

Yep! Looks like he deleted the post I replied to. His Sandbox, His Rules I guess. :)
It was right after my post # 35 agreeing with airboss about keeping my mouth shut. :)
I'm going to reserve judgement until the party in question has responded to my speculation.

#FirstWorldProblems
rolleyes.gif

Bounce said:
Don't take too much joy in that, Bounce. I'm not here anywhere near what I used to be. Your Rules, Your Sandbox, I get it. :)

He replied to a post from Bounce that is timestampped 9:35am on 3/26, yet there is no post from Bounce at 9:35am on 3/26. So, is this reply from another thread? Or (I hope not) an Admin excercised some admin rights and deleted the post? If THAT is so, then I am personally very troubled by that.

It has been repeated ad infinitum that posts don't get deleted. They may be moved, or locked, but never deleted. What troubles me is that a post in this particular contentious thread has been deleted. That would be a serious "do as I say, not as I do" situation.

Some explanation should be forthcoming. And if I'm wrong singling out this instance, please, someone, enlighten me.

Thanks.
Now ya see it, later ya won't!

It was there, guess Bounce decided to "bounce it".

Welcome to the new Twilight Zone, we have entered a Brave New World as George Orwell predicted in the novel 1984.

I was sitting on my front porch just 5 minutes ago enjoying my morning Bailey's and Coffee, I go real easy on the Coffee!

A postal truck shows up and I have to sign for a Certified/Receipt letter postmarked from Ontario el Estado, Canuckistan.

Lo and Behold I'm being sued by yamafitter for damages at the Nord du Ligne Provincial Building in Ottawa, Frostbackland.

The charges are I defamed Billy Fitz by saying he had a Rob Ford for Mayor sticker on his snowmobile, plus a Habs sticker!

This is the level our FJR Forum has fallen so low too! The damages requested are I have to say "Sorry" and live in Sudbury!

I hired HotRodZilla as my personal attorney for defense and I have to pay him in Tequila and Tamales, plus buy him a sweater!

Attention Top_Speed1-KJ: Don't be laughing at this mi Amigo, Billy Fitz - yamafitter has also sued you for joking about his gut!

hurt_feelings%20copy-L.jpg

Bounce said:
I deleted my own post (as the creator of that post and not as an Admin). I decided it was inflammatory and didn't add to the discussion. If you have a problem with someone deleting their own posts, then... well... i can't help you since it's a pretty common function everywhere. How many posts have you seen over the years where someone who didn't know how to delete something, simply edited their post and replaced it with "..."? Heck, I edit nearly all of my longer posts (several time) as I find missing parentheses, improper grammar, etc. Even then, they are rife with enough errors to make an English major cringe.

At the time I deleted it, I didn't see a reply yet. I guess someone was in the middle of replying at the same time I had second thoughts.

As for the other, there are threads I am aware of that are "hidden" in cases where they violate the rules (like spamming or shilling of vendors, back during the days before the MCL rule was rescinded, links to pirated material that could put the forum at risk, etc.). All of this has been done very openly and without subterfuge. To imply otherwise is either disingenuous or a misunderstanding of long-standing (public) policy/practice.

To try and turn around my attempt to de-escalate a flippant comment I made to this thread, is the antithesis of my original intent. Don't try to read into it something that wasn't there.

There was nothing to see in my snarky comment and there's nothing to fabricate about its intent.

Thanks.
I think it's another forum that says it NEVER deletes anything (which I personally know is also not accurate). It's simply impossible to maintain a "never" stand over the life of a forum. They knew it when I asked (off line) and we both moved on. There have been times when I deleted something mistakenly; early on before I was "schooled" to hide it instead or hitting the wrong "button" and not realizing it until it was too late. I took my "moderator lumps" from the Admins, hiked up my big boy pants and moved forward.

This was not one of those times. It was my post and I retracted it because of the reasons above.

As for what Ionbeam is referencing, I'm clueless. He can PM me with the details if he's that concerned. At a minimum I would at least then know who/what he's talking about.

The only part that bugs me is if I post a question thats been posted before, even 5 years before, I end up in NERPT. Really? all these new people on the site, many changes to gear, tires, farkles, new model motorcycles and nobody, but nobody can add to what was asked 5 years ago? Nothing new out there huh? NERPT and don't ask again, really screw you then. I'll ask somewhere else.
Like he said!

I feel much better knowing that posts and threads are just hidden from view and not deleted.

Since we have hashed this all out before, in fact several times, I vote that this thread gets moved to NEPRT.

On a positive note, the Forum is zipping right along at a reasonable speed, though it is serving up a very distasteful diet.

Oh well that's different then, it wasn't removed, it was hidden so no one could see it! Did I get that right? Huh?
nea.gif

I deleted my own post (as the creator of that post and not as an Admin). I decided it was inflammatory and didn't add to the discussion. If you have a problem with someone deleting their own posts, then... well... i can't help you since it's a pretty common function everywhere.

To try and turn around my attempt to de-escalate a flippant comment I made to this thread, is the antithesis of my original intent. Don't try to read into it something that wasn't there.

There was nothing to see in my snarky comment and there's nothing to fabricate about its intent.
Alrighty then, how do you "delete" one of your own posts? I must have missed that memo.

Oh, and I wasn't looking for some "Grassy Knoll" conspiracies. Not knowing that users can delete/hide, not just edit, their posts comes as a complete surpise to me. I figured you had a good reason for making "it" go away, and was wondering if your Admin status gave you an option we mortals don't have.

You sure can't make everyone happy as a Moderator/Admin in any forum. What a thankless task.

Appreciate what you Mods and Admins endure to keep us happily bitching and moaning but still sharing all the good stuff as well.