I'm done with FJRForum mods

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it clearly wasn't Wheatie posting that, pretty easy for anyone with Admin power to alter or even post as someone else. I can do it on my sites as well but don't.
This place has sure hit Shit-hole bottom!
Sure it was. It was April 1st after all. I enjoyed the sarcasm. The thread title change, not so much.

I can do it on my sites as well but don't.
Nor do we. It was him.

That's a negotiated Truce, my friend.
That's not true either. As always, member's are free to come back...or not...as everybody is.

Let's just enjoy this one and move forward. :)
Agreed.
smile.png

Stuff changed back to the way it used to be before April 1. It's been a few years, but April Fools has been part of this forum for a number of them.

Feel free to continue with the spleen venting.

Last edited by a moderator:
So no parade?
not_i.gif
Iggy doesn't like parades. He lives in Washington and they always get rained on.
winksmiley02.gif
I happen to live in the rain shadow where we get 412 days of sunshine each year. But mainly my parade wave is embarrassing and looks like Peewee Herman with a compound fracture. It hurts those watching as much as me.
wacko.png

I'm spending time pondering a few of the more tangible and true nuggets of this thread.

So it must be true! It's still here.
Hmmm.. Iggy and Wheatie posting on the same page with only TominCa in-between to keep order. Damn near an electronic group hug! I'm sure the pics of this event will be offered up by the most excellent skills of Bust & Beemerdons.
Wait a minute. I'm in the middle?

Again? Yuck
Si mi amigo Tomaso, and just look at whom tus Papa Chuy Viejo's going to put you in between, ese! You'll be a yamafitter y Bustanut joker sandwich! JSNS!

yamafitterIce_edited-22_zps61c32e7f.jpg

I can do it on my sites as well but don't.
Nor do we. It was him.
My apologizes then, It sounded like a joke and as we all know, we had enough of that yesterday.

So it must be true! It's still here.
Hmmm.. Iggy and Wheatie posting on the same page with only TominCa in-between to keep order. Damn near an electronic group hug! I'm sure the pics of this event will be offered up by the most excellent skills of Bust & Beemerdons.
Wait a minute. I'm in the middle?

Again? Yuck
Si mi amigo Tomaso, and just look at whom tus Papa Chuy Viejo's going to put you in between, ese! You'll be a yamafitter y Bustanut joker sandwich! JSNS!

yamafitterIce_edited-22_zps61c32e7f.jpg
Friggnn Papa, that's sum funny photoshop'n ship!

oh wait...hmmm?.... that's the real deal! :)

No it's photochopped.. That wasn't my finger, but a gun stuck up my nose.

No way I'd be in front of Bill like that!

I am averse to drama. Nothing worse than grown men needing their ego stroked or playing internet tough guy hiding behind a keyboard. Both drive me insane.

This is my third motorcycle forum for three different bikes over the past 7yrs. Ultimately motorcycle forums are all the same. There is a loud & obnoxious small group of "regulars" that seemingly never actually ride their motorcycles but yet have hard core opinions about everything and post incessantly and feel the need to be heard at all costs. There are others that just want to fit in somewhere in life and find forums as a place to do so to gain acceptance. There is usually a good cop / bad cop Admin. dynamic and the bad cop always wins out and loves flaunting his unilateral authority no matter how trivial the matter is.

Wherever in life there is a group of humans...there will always be problems. Its unavoidable. Way too many opinions, perspectives, ego's, agenda's and personality conflicts. It's no different on forums.

I'm a big picture type guy. I don't like get mired down in the insignificant details. I ride motorcycles because they are FUN! That' it! If we can't have fun here, there really is no point to it then.

Lastly...all companies, organizations & groups take on the personality of it's leaders or those in charge. A football team's head coach determines the atmosphere of his locker room. It can either be laid back & fun with some basic principles or rules that are easy to follow or it can be rigid, stressful and completely miserable if the coach rides his players too hard and always has a bur up his ass about everything. Same with how parents decide to set the tone for their home or for how forum Admins decide to interact and deal with it's forum members.

My enjoyment comes from riding...not posting on forums. If there were no forums I could care less. But as long as they are here and can be fun, fair and with a good atmosphere I'll participate and hopefully bring something of value to them. But I could take them or leave them.

And if this whole thread is just some April Fools joke...wow...and talk about opening up a can worms that's been simmering under the surface of this forum for a looooooong time!
uhoh.gif

...Ultimately motorcycle forums are all the same. There is a loud & obnoxious small group of "regulars" that seemingly never actually ride their motorcycles but yet have hard core opinions about everything and post incessantly and feel the need to be heard at all costs. There are others that just want to fit in somewhere in life and find forums as a place to do so to gain acceptance...
Ouch, I'm a high post count regular but I don't like fitting any of those groups. This week my lawn is beginning to emerge from the snow so there is some hope that I may 'actually ride my motorcycle' and get out of that group.