I'm Driving This Thing With NO HELMET......

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwollenRaccoon

Reaction score
I know, I know, I'm usually an ATGATT guy, but not this time. Overhead valve, 357cc four-stroke single. All farkled out with electric start, two-wheel drive, halogen headlamp, six forward speeds, and heated grips. Problem is, it's facking snowing again here in Minnesota. So it's all I've got for motorized entertainment for a few more months. (I'm not a snowmobile guy).

I've been trying to look on the positive side, like a couple weeks ago when they pulled Punxatawney Phil's hairy little rodent-ass out of his cozy nest. Here in Minnesota, six weeks of winter would be a huge blessing! Cripes, only SIX? Where do I sign? Last spring, those of us in Minnesota remember May 2nd. Here in Rochester, we got 16 inches of snow, on MAY 2ND! That's 12 WEEKS after Ground Hog Day.

Another reason to look on the bright side.........if we get a normal spring, and Mother Nature is kind to us, MOST, but probably not ALL of this white stuff will be melted by the Fourth of July. Cripes.

Anyway, here's a picture of what I'll be operating as soon as this round ends...................

DSC02364.jpg

I'm more of an early Classic UJS (Universal Japenese Snowblower) guy up here in the TwinCities. I run an 83 Honda thumper that I bought new in 83. It puts the RE in reliable!

Think Spring!

I cannot stand the sight of that thing. I have to step outside now. It is 64F and the sun is shining brilliantly.

I feel for you Northerners this time of year.

Yeah, mine is a much older Troy Built and I just got in from a marathon 2 hour drive with it. I even had to stop once for gas.
no2.gif

On the bright side, the weather man is predicting the temperatures to start rising next week. Spring is coming........

SwollenRaccoon Old Buddy, you are going to have to help this Old Zonie Desert Rat out! I do not have the slightest idea what this machine is and what it does, do you grind up palm fronds or mesquite branches with it! 1st guess was it could be used to pulverize agave cactus to make Tequila! Maybe Mezcal?

I actually am hosting a backyard swimming pool party with BBQ today for my neighbors, I took my laptop to show my guests and they are all baffled by it too.

One of the Directors of our HOA was born in Duluth, he seems to vaguely remember seeing such a contraption before leaving Minnesota at age four! JSNS!

DSC02364.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd post a picture of my snowblower, but the man from the small engine shop just picked it up. No spark, thinks moisture in the control box. Another 2 -4 " tonight (looking out window) starting now.

Thats it!

It picks up leaves and grinds them up into a powder, spitting them out the tube where they are carried away by the gentle breeze.

tonguesmiley.gif
lol2.gif
tongue.png

You guys are funnier than a swimming pool full of fat guys! Cleaned my driveway, and the neighbor gal's (the one that had knee surgery, and while she was at a friend's house recuperating, her water meter broke in this frigid weather, and put 3 inches of water in her basement and garage......wow). Oh, and, no exaggeration, less than one minute after putting indoor shoes on and getting out of my snow-covered clothing, the snowplow came by and closed the end of our driveways. Less than one minute. Went back out and cleaned it up.

So, NOW, I'm watching the Olympics while enjoying a bubba mug full of Crown Royal Black and 7-up. I know, blasphemy, mixing good Canadian whiskey with pop. I, too, enjoy it straight, but I needed a little sweetness for dessert. Let's leave liquor choices to a different thread.

I bought that machine 2 years ago, after my old faithful of 28 years broke too many parts to keep it going. But that 8-horse Tecumseh still starts on the first pull.....kept the motor for possible go-kart use for a co-worker.

Alas, this is not a woodchipper, as in Fargo, however, I believe it could serve that purpose. It sure has the power. But, I gotta tell ya, the heated grips are the cat's ass. Sorry you guys in Wisconsin and Illinois are getting the crap that came through here this afternoon. Snow tires, boys and girls. Stay warm, kids!

Beemerdons please got to Show Low or Flagstaff and you will soon find a use for a snow blower.
smile.png

Redfish yah yah we northern fellows and gals suffer 4 months of not much motorcycling but I am happy to be a northern climate dweller. In the winter when riding is good down south the daylight is 8 to 11 hours per day, max. In the northern climates when riding is good daylight is 12 to 16 hours per day. I am betting the northern climate folks get more good opportunities than those folks down south? Anyway come on up to Washington to enjoy some terrific riding. The PacNW gang did a pretty good job of hosting Ms. Tyler et all last year and I am sure some of us would be happy to give you the red carpet too.

Bigger is better (sometimes)..... I thought the 13 HP 45" Cub Cadet with dual wheels each side might be cool....

I have a 42" wide blower attachment for the front of my 23 HP 650cc Kohler V-twin powered shaft drive Cub Cadet garden tractor.... I haven't used it once this year, heck I didn't even install it (I was advised not to by my landlady)..... turns out the neighbour across the road gladly brings his Kubota with the 60" blower on the back anytime we get significant snow......

Bigger is better (sometimes)..... I thought the 13 HP 45" Cub Cadet with dual wheels each side might be cool....
Ray, Karl, SR, Jim and SS: You Guys are aware aren't you how totally GAY Tony, Red, Chuck, Papa Chuy and others believe this thread is on FJR Forum!

jes' sayin' and nuff said!