Impaired driving video - warning graphic

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DABRIT

Reaction score
Found this on sport touring.net. Powerful way to get the message across.

Stay safe out there everyone, hope nothing happens to you or yours ANYTIME, let alone this time of year.

DB

I just watched this from a forum members posting on facebook. Its an extremely powerful video. I posted it my profile as well. Its a shame I even feel the need to do this, but its been a particular bad year here for drunk drivers, over the fathers day weekend 3 teenagers walking down the side of the road and were hit by a drunk, who fled the scene and ended up in a families living room 60 feet from the road.. with no tire tracks on the lawn. All 3 (2 of whom were brother and sister) were pronounced dead on the scene.

24hrs later, on fathers day, a woman pulled in front of a group of motorcyclists. The two lead riders were a father and son. The father, the lead rider, had absolutely no chance and died on the scene.

Fucking people WAKE UP!

As an EMS pilot, I've seen the aftermath of a lot of scenes just like the ones in the video. I know a number of forum members are in the EMS industry as well and can attest that this time of year "business" sadly picks up. Thanks for the reminder and I've posted to my Facebook page as well. As they say, if only one person heeds the message, then the shock and awe of the video are worth it.

it's seeing stuff like that which keeps me awake whenever my kids are out with their friends

Wow! That was a disturbing, moving, and powerful clip. Wake up to reality people.....you only get a few freebies, if any. Sooner, or later things will end badly.

Thanks for passing that along DABRIT.

First off - apologies for the brevity of my first posting, I had watched this 3 times by then and the video had taken a serious effect of this cynical old b*stard.

CAJW - You guys are my heroes, I don't use that term lightly, getting the patient to the hospital during the golden hour is probably one of the biggest moves forward in saving lives. You guys rock ! :yahoo:

Thanks for the positive feed back, I was a bit wary of posting it as it touches a few nerves in people. But heck if you offend a few to save even one then it's worth it, and the more this is seen then perhaps someone might take notice.

Barb, hey babe don't fret , I am sure that your kids are sensible enough not to get it vehicles where people are stoned or drunk, cause knowing you I am sure that you taught them right !.

To all you EMS and Police girls and guys a very big thank you, hope not to see you in a professional way, but see you on a ride sometime and no I will not buy you a beer !.

As bungie said so eloquently - F'in wake up - the life you save might not be your own

DB

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent post DABRIT. I watched it first to proof, and then had my 15 1/2 year-old in-driver-training-teenage-son watch it with me. Very powerful video and message...thanks for the find.

--G

Holy Crap. Australia doesn't mess around when it comes to their commercials. I wish they would make a video that graphic and show it here in the US. I donno about other states, but especially here in NM, people get killed left and right by drunk drivers; at all hours of the day and night.

That was a good post.

Excellent post DABRIT. I watched it first to proof, and then had my 15 1/2 year-old in-driver-training-teenage-son watch it with me. Very powerful video and message...thanks for the find.
--G
+1 with having son's watch this....It takes this to keep them thinking and all of us aware of the severe consequences. Unfortunately.

Not to take away from the mood of this thread, but during the scenes where folks are taking the breathalyzer tests, what was the blue, slotted strip the dude was placing on or removing from his tongue?

Not to take away from the mood of this thread, but during the scenes where folks are taking the breathalyzer tests, what was the blue, slotted strip the dude was placing on or removing from his tongue?
they were being tested for Drugs.

Here is one that the TAC (Victoria) did for motorcyclists....very well filmed and edited.

The TAC in Victoria, Australia produced this advertisement in late 2009. It is part of the TAC's ongoing "shock" campaign to improve road safety. This advertisement is aimed at motorcycle riders.

Holy Crap. Australia doesn't mess around when it comes to their commercials. I wish they would make a video that graphic and show it here in the US. I donno about other states, but especially here in NM, people get killed left and right by drunk drivers; at all hours of the day and night.
That was a good post.

Agree 100%

This should be ran in the USA, forgot political correctness, forget sensitivities. This is an excellent great public service commercial.

Thanks for keeping it green for the holidays.

The guy who steps out of the car at 2:35 and just disappears is a good example of a bad decision executed during a drunk.

But for the grace of God go I.

I'm just an arms length away from a drunk.