impressive sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

86fj1200

Reaction score
I Just recently purchased T-Rex sliders that were listed on e-bay for $19.70 + $10.00 shipping. FJR 2006-2009. I purchased the particular sliders mainly because of the price and they were made of the same basic materials and design as most of the others out there, but what came in the mail was completely unexpected and entirely different then the picture depicted. The slider came in 2 parts the delrin puck and the threaded aluminum stud. In my opinion this is the best set-up out there because it allows you to torque the stud to the frame and never have to worry about retorquing due to the plastic compressing. Then all you have to do is screw the Delrin puck to the stud already mounted to frame and set-screw it in place. Pics should clear up what I'm trying to say.

I'm very pleased with the quality and design and especially the price. under $30.00 for the set.

I called T-Rex to see if the Delrin puck was replaceable without having to buy a whole new set and he said yes but couldn't quote me a price.

I am including a link to the sliders from T-Rex and some pictures of what I received in the mail. Already mounted on bike.

Let me know what y'all think.

https://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=75

https://picasaweb.google.com/109806531616623866408/Apr152011?authkey=Gv1sRgCP28o7Gzovq8Gw#

It's hard to see in the picture but the orange part mounted to the frame is the threaded anodized aluminum stud I'm referring to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless there is an inner steel sleeve they will come loose. Don't forget these bolts also support your engine and is an integral member ot your frame system. Simular metals will end up galling and creating an anodic reaction. An aluminum bolt into an aluminum frame is not a good Idea.

Good luck

Dave

That is a nice set up. I don't see why they wouldn't work just as well as others

those look great! How long are those original sliders you pictures? I like that they look a bit longer than the motovation sliders I have and I may replace them with longer ones.

I put these on my bike too. I like them and don't regret buying them, but I did have to re-thread the bolts to keep them from damaging the threads in the engine. I would caution anyone using these, or any other slider kit, to make sure the bolts thread easily into the engine before putting a wrench or socket on them.

Joe

Unless there is an inner steel sleeve they will come loose. Don't forget these bolts also support your engine and is an integral member ot your frame system. Simular metals will end up galling and creating an anodic reaction. An aluminum bolt into an aluminum frame is not a good Idea.

Good luck

Dave
If you actually click the link to his installation pics, you'll see that what he's describing is not what you're describing. The Delrin part does not attach to the frame. It attaches to a stud that does attach to the frame, with metal hardware so the bolt stays tight. The delrin puck simply attaches to that stud as is retained with a set screw. The torqued bolt does not pass through the delrin.

I talked to a guy at T-Rex the other day and he mentioned that they will be updating the photo to show their new design. FYI if you are thinking about getting these they are still honoring the original price of the older style $19.95 but the price will increase here shortly. He said that the newly designed set are stronger than the older style with the narrower aluminum sleeve.

I talked to a guy at T-Rex the other day and he mentioned that they will be updating the photo to show their new design. FYI if you are thinking about getting these they are still honoring the original price of the older style $19.95 but the price will increase here shortly. He said that the newly designed set are stronger than the older style with the narrower aluminum sleeve.
I think I may buy another set just to keep as a spare. Hopefully never have to use them.

edit: just bought another set. couldn't help myself.

Good luck

Dave
If you actually click the link to his installation pics, you'll see that what he's describing is not what you're describing. The Delrin part does not attach to the frame. It attaches to a stud that does attach to the frame, with metal hardware so the bolt stays tight. The delrin puck simply attaches to that stud as is retained with a set screw. The torqued bolt does not pass through the delrin.
+1 also I was trying to say that what i received in the mail is a more solid setup then what I thought I was getting based on the pictures from T-REX. IMHO.

They look good. Looking at a set myself. Trying to be sure a purchase will ensure the new model. My luck I will buy them and get the older style.

If they confirm the newer style I am pulling the trigger.

Thanks for the heads up. Look great on your bike.

Good luck

Dave
Much different than what is posted in the original link above. After looking at the first link I wasn't impressed. But now that you have mentioned the second link and how it is so much different you guys may be on to something. Looking at the second set of pictures they aren't so bad after all. I am sure the price will be going up soon. $19.95 is real cheap for what your getting. So if any one is on the fence on this one I suggest you get them for the current price.

+1 after seeing the other set of pictures.

They look good. Looking at a set myself. Trying to be sure a purchase will ensure the new model. My luck I will buy them and get the older style.

EDIT: Ordered mine. They confirmed that they would indeed be the new style as has been mentioned here.

Good luck

Dave
Oops, now I see there were 2 links. Dave's original post now makes sense. I'll remove comment below.

EDIT: Ordered mine. They confirmed that they would indeed be the new style as has been mentioned here.
Just got off the phone with T-REX and ordered mine. The Rep. was more then helpful and answered my most simple questions with respect (due to my lack of knowledge of this product).

He did mention that all the sliders for our bikes are the 'new' version for '06 to '10 FJR and that the first group had the wrong bolt pattern -- and that matter has been corrected. He made reference to a 1.25 bolt?

Also mentioned was a torque of 30 ft/pounds and no more then 35 ft/pounds on the bolt (I would imagine that someone on the forum has the correct value and will offer it. (I didn't ask what metal the bolt was made of -- seems that someone on the forum had a concern re: this)

The price is 19.98 + shipping & it will go up. Should one gets damaged they will sell the 'puck' without the kit (he could not pin-point a price)

I don't have a bench mark on sliders - so I can only hope for the best.