Indianapolis, IN - Riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rode this past Sunday. Only out for about 1/2 hour. Put some fuel in the feejer. Maybe wiil go out tomorrow for a quick ride. Supposed to be upper 40's.

Going out for a ride with Cav47 Saturday. We will check out some of the roads that will comprise the southwest route for SIN_R. If anyone is available to meet us at the Travel Lodge on 3rd St in Bloomington at 11am, post here or PM me.

Going out for a ride with Cav47 Saturday. We will check out some of the roads that will comprise the southwest route for SIN_R. If anyone is available to meet us at the Travel Lodge on 3rd St in Bloomington at 11am, post here or PM me.
Man would I love to join you all. However, I have to put some time in at the office this Saturday and won't be wrapped up until late afternoon. Enjoy the weather and the trip. So jealous!

I am in on meet ups too. Now that I-69 runs right by my home in Washington Bloomington is a mere hour away. I usually run further south around Corydon in the hills but all options are on the table. My son has a FJR as well.
With the I-69 extension you are probably a half hour closer now. :)

I am getting new shoes on the baby in the am but am obligated for the rest of the weekend, funny how once you are married you have little control on your birthday weekend.

I've got a few hours to kill but need to back in Columbus by 3 PM. See you at the Travel Lodge on 3rd St in Bloomington at 11amn. I sent you a PM too with my cell #.

I've got a few hours to kill but need to back in Columbus by 3 PM. See you at the Travel Lodge on 3rd St in Bloomington at 11amn. I sent you a PM too with my cell #.
I didn't get a pm. We will watch for you at 11am!

Last edited by a moderator:
So jealous of you all today. I hate how I started this thread, but have yet to be able to right with many of you yet. That's the downside of being a 32 year old still working hard and having three children - not as much free time. I'm still optimistic that sometime soon I can join you guys.

Flew up to Indy yesterday to work at the convention center this weekend and was amazed with the weather Friday and for the rest of this weekend. Saw a bunch of bikes plus headed over to the fairgrounds late yesterday for the MC/Boat/RV show. A bunch of HD stuff but I talked with the regional rep from Yamaha and all the Indy Yamaha dealers participated. The guy at Cycle Outfitters was selling tire packages and said the traffic was down a bit but said most likely was from the weather being so nice. Dryers guy said the same thing. I'm envious and be safe and have a great ride.

Flew up to Indy yesterday to work at the convention center this weekend and was amazed with the weather Friday and for the rest of this weekend. Saw a bunch of bikes plus headed over to the fairgrounds late yesterday for the MC/Boat/RV show. A bunch of HD stuff but I talked with the regional rep from Yamaha and all the Indy Yamaha dealers participated. The guy at Cycle Outfitters was selling tire packages and said the traffic was down a bit but said most likely was from the weather being so nice. Dryers guy said the same thing. I'm envious and be safe and have a great ride.
We (gf and I) will be at the fairgrounds tomorrow

Went for my morning ride to discover that several local roads will be closed for road work starting early April. From Columbus, Hwy 58 will be closed just after Waymansville for bridge repair. Hwy 58 from 135 to 446 is open. Hwy 135 will also be closed south of Hwy 58..

Also Hwy 135 north of Bean Blossom will be closed for bridge work. There is a local detour for this one. From the north, right on Railroad Road to Hwy 45.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went for my morning ride to discover that several local roads will be closed for road work starting early April. From Columbus, Hwy 58 will be closed just after Waymansville for bridge repair. Hwy 58 from 135 to 446 is open. Hwy 135 will also be closed south of Hwy 58..
Also Hwy 135 north of Bean Blossom will be closed for bridge work. There is a local detour for this one. From the north, right on Railroad Road to Hwy 45.
Were all these roads posted with signs providing this information? Many of these roads are party of the routes for SIN-R so I'll have to check them out and adjust add needed.

Yes , all three are posted with orange signs showing road closed on or after 4-3. Note that most of Hwy 58 is open, only the section section between Freetown and Columbus will be closed.