Indianapolis MotoGP 2010

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UselessPickles

Making Grand Canyon replicas from air boxes...
Reaction score
I'll be riding down to Indianapolis with my dad and a friend to watch the MotoGP races. So far, I have general admission tickets, hotel reservations, and confirmation that there will be plenty of free motorcycle parking available on the back straight of the track (unused for this race, of course). This is my first time going, so I don't quite know what to expect.

So who can tell me about what fun things I should look for to do on Friday and Saturday evenings after the races have finished? Is there still stuff going on at the track through the evening? Other events in town that are worth checking out? Major attractions in the area? Any roads that are worth riding (the flatness of Indiana suggests, "no")? Anyone camping out in one of the parking lots and throwing a party?

Please post suggestions. If anyone else is going, maybe we can use this thread to coordinate a small peaceful gathering :)

Hey Pickels:

This is my second year going to Moto GP. From what I hear, the campground near the race track gets pretty rowdy at night, but not my cup of tea...

There is the "Indy Mile" flat track race that is usually going on the same weekend as the Moto GP. Good race to watch, but a bit pricy to get in. Feel free to PM me and I will shoot you my cell # for a get together (if you like) when we are down there.

Roads N/E of Indy do have some topography and a few lakes to look at, but pretty much just like Michigan.

Pete

Sorry but no drewvanracer party at the campground this year. I will be out of town on Thursday and Friday dropping off my daughter at Slippery Rock University for her first year of college. I don't want to spend the big bucks to camp just for one night.

Drew

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but no drewvanracer party at the campground this year. I will be out of town on Thursday and Friday dropping off my daughter at Slippery Rock University for her first year of college. I don't want to spend the big bucks to camp just for one night.
Drew
Good luck to your daughter at Slippery Rock.

Now you will have an excuse to take in some SE Ohio twisties on the way to visit. :rolleyes:

Theres a little thing called the "Indy Mile" at the fair grounds. Everybody will be there, including Chris Carr, Kenny Roberts, as well as Val Rossi, Casey Stoner, Nicky Hayden. I can't belive you haven't heard about Grand National Flat Track on Friday night up there. Can't help you for Saturday night, go find a good sports bar where the riders are hanging out. Have Fun at the races! :yahoo:

Theres a little thing called the "Indy Mile" at the fair grounds. Everybody will be there, including Chris Carr, Kenny Roberts, as well as Val Rossi, Casey Stoner, Nicky Hayden. I can't belive you haven't heard about Grand National Flat Track on Friday night up there. Can't help you for Saturday night, go find a good sports bar where the riders are hanging out. Have Fun at the races! :yahoo:

:secret:

Some of us know

This will be my third year at Indy MotoGP. We have gone to the Flat track on friday every year and it is some crazy shit. Sliding a bike around a turn at 100 mph.

On Saturday or maybe Friday (not sure better double check.) night the last two years they have closed down streets in downtown indy for a big Party. We did not go so I cant give you any specifics.

Just got my tickets in the mail today I take my son with me and meet up with some friends from Chicago.

We are sitting in E Penthouse Box 4 Row B If anyone is in that area let me know.

This will be my third year at Indy MotoGP. We have gone to the Flat track on friday every year and it is some crazy shit. Sliding a bike around a turn at 100 mph.
On Saturday night the last two years they have closed down streets in downtown indy for a big Party. We did not go so I cant give you any specifics.

Just got my tickets in the mail today I take my son with me and meet up with some friends from Chicago.

We are sitting in E Penthouse Box 4 Row B If anyone is in that area let me know.
I will be there with my brother and two buddies from work. Anyone have a good lead on tickets for the flat track racing?

Thanks,

Grady

I will be there with my brother and two buddies from work. Anyone have a good lead on tickets for the flat track racing?
Thanks,

Grady

Yep.

Don't buy tickets for the stands.

Buy an infield ticket the night of the race & then find a way to "blend" into the pit area where you might just see something really cool like this;

2009INDY088.jpg

As of now, I'm not planning on going this year.

On Friday night, watch people doing some sick tricks on sportbikes downtown. If you sit in the stands, you have a better chance of catching free t shirts and stuff.

It's at Veteran's Memorial Park at the corner of Meridian and Michigan Streets.

Good food at The Elbow Room right across the street.

The Indy Mile flat track race is on Saturday night.

I'm heading up to Indy for MotoGP as well. Calling out any other miscreants going to join the infestation? :drinks:

I will be attending the moto gp.......Friday night the stunt riders will be putting on a show downtown..... Alot of bikes will be downtown Friday and Saturday night off of Meridian street. You can go to the IMS website and find some info. If anyone has any questions PM me.

Medic Man

I'll be there.

I had a good time last year on Saturday night.

It was cool to see thousands of bikes parked on Jackson street.

Bikes lined up side by side for blocks in every direction, on both sides and double stacked on the double yellow.

I imagine it looks a lot like Daytona bike week. Big mix of lots of kinds of rides.

Cops were out in force, but they were pretty laid back except for people that left their mufflers at home.

Saw a flatulant, pipeless, cruiser pull up. He instantly found themself with cops on four sides yelling about how expensive the ticket would be

if they could still see or hear him in another 60 seconds. sometimes cops are so cool. :wub: