Inside fairing and back side of side case protection

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heen

Barefooter
Reaction score
Being a newbie, and just purchasing a 2014, what do people use on the unpainted side of your fairing and the back side of the side cases?

Being a newbie, and just purchasing a 2014, what do people use on the unpainted side of your fairing and the back side of the side cases?

Hello Heen, could you elaborate more? What are you wanting to do to those areas? By fairing, do you mean the plastic vent? Are you talking paint? A little more info would help. :)

Nothing that I've heard of. I'm not anal enough to worry about it
smile.png
smile.png
. Ask George cause He keeps all his stuff spotless.
punk.gif

Pro Honda Spray cleaner and polish. Sometimes found as Original Bike Spirits spray cleaner and polish. Works on paint, chrome,

and matte plastic.

I wasn't planning to treat the matte black plastic but I am curious to know if other who have had theirs longer in months and miles are looking?

I was turned on to 303 Aerospace Protectant. It is absolutely the best product for those surfaces hands down. You can buy it at Amazon in addition to many other places. I've used them all. Trust me on this one.

Thanks everyone, except Greg E's road grime. (And to answer LKLD question asked near the top. I want to keep the black plastic looking good)

303 Aerospace Protectant

Product Description

Originally engineered for aerospace and aviation applications, 303 Aerospace Protectant is a premium surface treatment that instantly beautifies and provides superior protection against harmful UV rays that can cause discoloration, fading, embrittlement, cracking and/or chalking of surfaces. 303 Aerospace Protectant also repels dust, dirt, lint, soiling, staining, water spots, salt water and mildew. Safe and effective for vinyl, clear vinyl, gel-coat, fiberglass, carbon fiber, synthetic/natural rubber, plastics and finished leather.

I find that a nice consistent layer of mud and road grime keeps any further debris off the inner surfaces, at least that's what I do
rolleyes.gif

I'm a fan of the 303 also. Local RV dealer sells it. He said use it 2x year on the rubber roof. Roof was 15yrs old and still in good shape. I use it on my sidewalls on my car and truck tires rather than that tire shine shit. it lasts thru many washes.

Not sure why anyone would obsess over the reverse side of the fairings or side panels. If you need to take them off for whatever reason, just wash them. As for the matt black side vent panels I use McGuire's Gold Class Quick Wax. It does not leave a discoloured film. You can use it on the rest of the bike's painted surfaces as well.

I was turned on to 303 Aerospace Protectant. It is absolutely the best product for those surfaces hands down. You can buy it at Amazon in addition to many other places. I've used them all. Trust me on this one.
I keep a spray bottle of that in the tank bag as well.