Inside the exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattster31

Reaction score
This is cylinders 2 and 4.....others look the same. Engine has 104,000 Kms. Normal carbon deposits??

7abe8948.jpg

Cylinder 3

7c984470.jpg

Cylinder 1

IMG195.jpg

Cylinders 1&2

IMG191.jpg

Cylinders 3&4

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my god! look what they did to your bike! :blink:

I think you may need "ALL THE KINGS MEN" for that reassembly

Sorry no advice to the colour of the exhaust ports

Matt, that looks surprisingly clean if that picture is accurate for what's in a bit deeper. The blackish around the immediate opening looks pretty normal for what really is an exhaust joint where airflow is perhaps a little more interrupted and turbulent. If it was gummed up more, I would say it was burning oil, but that sure doesn't look like it. Very cool. Be careful how you clean it (if you clean it), don't want any particles dropping down on the valve seats.

LIAR!!!!!

It is not cyl 2 and cyl 4!!!

It is the garage shot and (assuming) cyl 4.

If we can't count on you to provide useful and correct information, how can we possibly be expected to help you??!?!?!?!

Just shows once and for all that not only are Canadians "different," ya just can't trust 'em!!!! (Goes for Minnesota, Wisconsin, the Dakotas, too!!!!)

:p :p :p :lol: :lol:

Damn. Glad I get to ride all year round. Look what you silly mofos who have winter do when your bored.

I may be mistakin but doesn't look like a crack in the center web between the two valves? More Pic's. please and wheres the rest of the bike? I just saw it piled up next to the wall. Good luck with that. Waaaaaaay beyond anything I would attempt.

Dave

Matt, that looks surprisingly clean if that picture is accurate for what's in a bit deeper. The blackish around the immediate opening looks pretty normal for what really is an exhaust joint where airflow is perhaps a little more interrupted and turbulent. If it was gummed up more, I would say it was burning oil, but that sure doesn't look like it. Very cool. Be careful how you clean it (if you clean it), don't want any particles dropping down on the valve seats.
I don't plan on cleaning anything in there for that reason alone. I think I can be sure this one is not a "ticker". I am tempted to go all the way and yank the cylinders off.....etc....... but past experience has shown me............."if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

I don't plan on cleaning anything in there for that reason alone. I think I can be sure this one is not a "ticker". I am tempted to go all the way and yank the cylinders off.....etc....... but past experience has shown me............."if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
The other saying is, "Once you open a can of worms, it takes two cans to get all the little bastages back in......". I'm a believer that an engine is best left together, as they are never the same once taken apart.... unless of course you're ready to hone and scrape and clean and rebuild this an' that, new seals, gaskets... where does it end?

You would have to yank really hard cause the cylinders don't come off.