Interested in a farkle for a favor? Need a test ride on a FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sradek

Redbird!!
Reaction score
Finally I bit the bullet and put up my 2006 VMAX for sale. I love the torquey engine and all, but the handling sucks. The frame is shaky also. I was so excited when I bought it last month, but now I am in no mood to spend more time and money to get it just right. I am in a shitty mood right now because I didn't test ride it before I bought it on a whim.

As most of you know, I am mulling for too long to buy a FJR. From what I have read for days on the web and on this forum, I am *almost* convinced that FJR is for me. The only thing holding me back is a test ride. None of the dealers are willing to give me a test ride on a new 06A.

So, I am requesting a test ride from you forum members in/around NJ. I live in central NJ.

You need not worry that I will crash the bike. I have been riding since 17 and that's a long ago. Of course, I have ridden the V-MAX (1200cc), so you know I can handle a large bike safely. I recently did a test ride of a BMW K1200GT and the owner was fine with my riding ability. (No, I didn't buy the bike.)

I promise I will be careful. You set the rules and I will abide - promise!

I am willing to travel some distance for a test ride.

As a way of appreciation, I will buy you a farkle of your choice upto $200.

ps: The model year can be 06 or older ...

Oh, I forgot to mention. I will sign any paper that will make me fully responsible for any damage caused to your bike. I don't think it will come to that, but just so you feel more comfortable.

If I didn't live so far away you could ride mine and the smile :D on your face when you get down would be payment enough and maybe a ride on that V-max too!

Finally I bit the bullet and put up my 2006 VMAX for sale. I love the torquey engine and all, but the handling sucks. The frame is shaky also. I was so excited when I bought it last month, but now I am in no mood to spend more time and money to get it just right. I am in a shitty mood right now because I didn't test ride it before I bought it on a whim.
As most of you know, I am mulling for too long to buy a FJR. From what I have read for days on the web and on this forum, I am *almost* convinced that FJR is for me. The only thing holding me back is a test ride. None of the dealers are willing to give me a test ride on a new 06A.

So, I am requesting a test ride from you forum members in/around NJ. I live in central NJ.

You need not worry that I will crash the bike. I have been riding since 17 and that's a long ago. Of course, I have ridden the V-MAX (1200cc), so you know I can handle a large bike safely. I recently did a test ride of a BMW K1200GT and the owner was fine with my riding ability. (No, I didn't buy the bike.)

If you wanta test ride the lastest in technology, get on an AE.....I guarentee you there ain't that much difference between yanking on a clutch lever of a BWM, VMAX or an FJR A...

Bribes work well with me. I might be interested. Grew up in Jersey. Lived in Toms River, Beachwood, Bayville. Do you know the area?

Anyhow, I'm in Norfolk VA. You'd definitely have to travel... probably like 300 miles in traveling.

Got an '04

If serious, drop me a PM. I might just be talked into it.

Heidi

Bribes work well with me. I might be interested. Grew up in Jersey. Lived in Toms River, Beachwood, Bayville. Do you know the area?
Anyhow, I'm in Norfolk VA. You'd definitely have to travel... probably like 300 miles in traveling.

Got an '04

If serious, drop me a PM. I might just be talked into it.

Heidi
Sent you PM Heidi. Yes, I used to work in Eatontown ...

If you wanta test ride the lastest in technology, get on an AE.....I guarentee you there ain't that much difference between yanking on a clutch lever of a BWM, VMAX or an FJR A...
Thanks starcruiser, but I don't want to consider a auto flip yet! I am into high-tech myself, but I don't care for a MC without a clutch to be used on demand. I prefer the control to engage (or not) at will to use the braking power of the engine (and plain common sense). With computer control, well you don't have any control.

OK, OK!!!! You're on.

I've got the opportunity of a lifetime for you. Yes, I got your PM.

I will have, besides my '03, an '06 in the garage on Saturday at noon to do a Magnum Blaster horn install. If you get yourself up to Lyndhurst, you just might have that chance you're looking for. You're approx 1/2 hr south of me.

Bring the V-Max. I miss mine dearly. No, I don't want to BUY it......just wanna ride it.

I get the prize no matter which one you ride, OK? :lol:

There! Now you can sleep tonight.

OK, OK!!!! You're on.

I will have, besides my '03, an '06 in the garage on Saturday at noon to do a Magnum Blaster horn install. If you get yourself up to Lyndhurst, you just might have that chance you're looking for. You're approx 1/2 hr south of me.

Bring the V-Max. I miss mine dearly. No, I don't want to BUY it......just wanna ride it.

Way too go Randy...

That's coming to a prospective FJR pilots need in spades... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

OK, OK!!!! You're on.

As I said in email, you get your farkles dude!

OK, OK!!!! You're on.

Thank you mon ami!

I should have offered a bribe long time ago! :yahoo:

Way too go Randy...

That's coming to a prospective FJR pilots need in spades... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

OK, OK!!!! You're on.

Good on you Randy...... :clapping:

Thanks starcruiser, but I don't want to consider a auto flip yet! I am into high-tech myself, but I don't care for a MC without a clutch to be used on demand. I prefer the control to engage (or not) at will to use the braking power of the engine (and plain common sense). With computer control, well you don't have any control.
DON'T HAVE ANY CONTROL? BWHHAAHHAAHAHAAHAIf you belief that, I've got a bridge in S. Texas I'll sell ya real cheap...You could put a toll booth on it and make a killing...

The reason you don't care for a MC without a clutch is YOU HAVE'NT DRIVEN ONE! I highly suggest YOU Jump on an AE, then report back....

I've got
sradek - I've ridden both the A and the AE, and I understand where you are coming from. I prefer the greater control you get with a clutch as well.

I've got
sradek - I've ridden both the A and the AE, and I understand where you are coming from. I prefer the greater control you get with a clutch as well.
First of all, the AE has a clutch. It's just button, rather than a 6 inch lever that requires 3lbs of pressure to pull in before you foot's toe has to find the shifter and position itself either under it or over it to exert pressure upwards or downwards motion to finalize the shift.......And you want to do all this for the rest of your life rather than hitting a button, which results in shifting that's twice as fast ?

You interested in bridge by any chance?

I've got
First of all, the AE has a clutch. It's just button, rather than a 6 inch lever that requires 3lbs of pressure to pull in before you foot's toe has to find the shifter and position itself either under it or over it to exert pressure upwards or downwards motion to finalize the shift.......And you want to do all this for the rest of your life rather than hitting a button, which results in shifting that's twice as fast ?

You interested in bridge by any chance?
Bridge as in cards? I used to play, but it's been a while ...

Where u located? Want to give me a test ride on AE? u selling?

sradek, I'll take one set of extended footpegs. How's that?

Gotta get them for my new footpeg brackets. Arthritis sucks!

I really like the idea of auto clutch, but I don't think I'd have good luck with it. To much for me to remember since I ride a dirtbike too. With MY luck, I'd be hitting the kill switch on the dirtbike to shift! :rolleyes:

yeah I know.......I'm just too damn lazy. ;) Sure looks cool to ride though...

FJR party at Randy's house tomorrow! Anyone game?

(ps...I'm out of beer)

I've gotta chime in on the AE. You do have control with the AE. My problem with the one I drove was that it was very un-smooth. When they get it so it shifts better than I do then I'll consider spending money for it. And the AE doesn't shift any faster than I do when doing clutchless upshifts.

Last edited by a moderator: