International Distance Converter Missing on Gen III

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RossKean posted: US pint is 1.04 pounds. British (Imperial) pint is 1.25 pounds.
Well, I assume you're talking about beer.

The geek in me forces this response: Beer, tap water, sea water, blood, and molten steel can each be measured in a pint, and each pint would weigh a different amount.

McAtrophy posted: And our FJRs can be set to miles or kilometres. If the latter, for the reported fuel consumption, we can choose miles per litre or litres per 100 kilometres.
Kilometres and kilometers are the same, right?
coolsmiley02.gif
Seriously, do you pronounce it "KILL-oh-mee-ters" or "kill-OMM-it-ters"?

Last edited by a moderator:
We should go.back to Cubits. All this Imperial math is ridiculous; although, not as ridiculous as 12 random inches in a foot, 3 random feet in a yard, and 5280 random feet in a mile. Metric is easier, but our standard measurement system is what I know. Lol. We've been going metric since I was in the 2nd grade, and we're still not there yet. Proof that Americans are stubborn!

We should go.back to Cubits. All this Imperial math is ridiculous; although, not as ridiculous as 12 random inches in a foot, 3 random feet in a yard, and 5280 random feet in a mile. Metric is easier, but our standard measurement system is what I know. Lol. We've been going metric since I was in the 2nd grade, and we're still not there yet. Proof that Americans are stubborn!

Did you ever see this?

and we all use the metric sistem in the US and the rest of the world when it come to counting monney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just realized that my GenII doesn't have the hand-dandy converter built in. It only shows km/h. I have owned the bike for 4 years, done 2 trips into the USA and I never noticed....

...or you could just say "F" it and not ride in Canada...
rolleyes.gif
You Yanks are so bad at geography I be surprised if you could even find Canada.
I just spent 4 days riding all over BC and Alberta, love riding up there! Google maps did me really really wrong and I explored even more than I was planning on when a detour through Roderick Haig-Brown Park turned out not to be a good way to get to Jasper. Also rode to Anglemont until the pavement ended... Anyway I do like the handy conversion of figuring out distances by glancing at the speedo.