Iowa

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck35

Reaction score
DSCN0059.jpg

Thanks Mike!

I had hoped to make the sign (1024 miles) and also Chicago in the 24 hour window. Cold, wet, dark and better judgment led me to a $90 room for 4 hours sleep within 2 hours of the sign. I made it to the sign within the 24 hour window for a. Meatlovers SS1000 Gold

The rest of the trip to Chicago wasn't very fast paced, so it all worked out well.

.And I got a tasty banana for my $90!

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony, you are indeed correct as to The identity of the pig farmer / artist.

Dennis was also kind enough to leave "souvenirs" for the riders. I hope to meet him in Chicago tonight.

DSCN0061.jpg

He is truly a "Good guy" (As are most people from Iowa)

I was trying to figure out where you took your stay. You do realize that I was born in Waterloo?

I will return to that area in September ...

I have only been in 2 rallies- Dennis was in both of them. If you see him, have him explain what happened to his previous GW (Without cracking a smile) LOL

I stayed at the Americinn in Pella. I was in a room that hadn't been cleaned from the last checkout.

There was 1 bed still made and 1 towel unused. I got 4 hours of solid sleep and brushed my teeth twice. Almost worth $90.

Ohh and on the way out I got a banana.

So much for the awesome pic. I was supposed to be in it as well. That would have cost me some bonus points!

But since my bike speaks for me in so many ways, the powers that be accepted it as a reflection of me and allowed my silver ss1000

Another lesson learned. My rally camera needs a tripod as well as an led cannon. and I need to pay more attention to the rm's small print ;)

I was trying to figure out where you took your stay. You do realize that I was born in Waterloo?

I have only been in 2 rallies- Dennis was in both of them. If you see him, have him explain what happened to his previous GW (Without cracking a smile) LOL
+1 on the Good Folks in Iowa. You were born in Waterloo? Me too! Grew up in Cedar Falls, great place to grow up.

I'll try and swing through Webster City on my way to Winnipeg this summer.

Sharif

+1 on the Good Folks in Iowa. You were born in Waterloo? Me too! Grew up in Cedar Falls, great place to grow up.

I'll try and swing through Webster City on my way to Winnipeg this summer.

Sharif
I also relocated to Cedar Falls- Isn't that a natural, sensible upgrade to perform…
smile.png

Great idea on the mirrors Tony. I have also added a small tripod type stand to my tank bag ;)

That and the "smile" timer should get me great pics