Irritants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rest of the story: This was on our way to EOM this fall. It was a young guy, driver. Think it was "Buddy" on the right there. Story was that he was dodging a deer. May have been texting?

But, this was looking back at the carnage after we got around that!! We rode over the grass where the guy is to the left. Then rolled down the road while the rest of traffic waited for the tow truck.

The things you see on the BRP...
laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you even do that to a 4 door sedan on a low speed road??? The mind boggles.
Bingo! That's the first thing I thought -- how stupid did you have to be to get into that situation?
Irritant content: Deer.

At least he didn't hit the deer that crossed the road in front of him. Not a hair touched. Just think if he had hit the deer instead....

DocFJR posted: I'll bite. How is that related to my post about riding an FJR through the Blue Ridge?
He meant, I assume, that the Blue Ridge Parkway is a famous route, and those of us who live semi-near it are happy that all y'all visitors stay on it and abide the 45 mph speed limit.

There is FAR better riding in the Southern Appalachians: Pisgah National Forest, Wayah Road, NC 106, NC 281, TN 32, the BRP's parallel route of NC 80 and 18, GA/NC 28, Wheatie's beloved US 276 .... even US 441 through Great Smoky Mountain National Park in autumn after the tourists are gone.

Don't misunderstand; the Parkway is devoid of trashy roadside development and has some of the most beautiful views anywhere. It's a gorgeous road. However, it's a mediocre moto-ride at best.

Irritants? Reminds me of the clown I came up on a few weeks back while riding home on an FM road. He was consistently going around 10 mph less than the limit on the straights and the yellow suggested speeds in the curves. I waited about 5 or 6 miles behind this joker for a good stretch with dotted lines to pass him (didn't want to be too much of a hooligan), doing my very best not to tail gate him in the process. When the time came with ample passing room and a dotted line I dropped a couple of gears and pinned it. 60 mph road and I'm going by this guy at around 75 mph, he speeds up AND swerves over at me 2 ft into my passing lane. I'm thinking holy hell, this shoulder chip bearing half wit is trying to kill me, so I pinned it full and now I'm up around 95 mph. I got past him then pulled back into my lane and reduced back down to 60 mph to resume my regularly scheduled programming, and within a short time that clown is right on my back door. Seems he had all the time of day until someone wanted to pass him. Things that make ya go hmm....

This is actually the reason why I carry change accessible while I ride. Sweve a little duck your head and flip a quarter over you shoulder. If he is far enough it bouces on the ground. Too close it lands on his hood.

Steel ball bearings are great for that, as are medium sized hex nuts.
I use 3/8-24 nuts: cheap, easier to hold while wearing gloves than smooth balls
uhoh.gif
, big enough to work but not too big in the pocket, fine thread doesn't catch the wind like coarse thread. I always do the duck/swerve thing too, like I'm avoiding an object coming at me. If the guy has a dash cam it'll look like it missed me and got him.

Or you could just use the gifts that Yamaha gave you and GO!

Geez, some of you(I want a louder horn)guys, think too much.

JSNS

Or you could just use the gifts that Yamaha gave you and GO!
Geez, some of you(I want a louder horn)guys, think too much.

JSNS
HeHeHe, what he said.

if you can get around the irritants, a little twist n the right wrist can help. Out here on the left coast the speed limit is kind of a suggestion IMO

Latest posts