Irving, TX, Stadium Yamaha

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwhd

Reaction score
I had my first service experience with a Yamaha dealer today and it was a good one.

When I determined that my '06 had the 17 mpg bug, I called Stadium on the advice of a friend and asked if they would do the repair. They knew about the TSB, verified my VIN was in the affected range, and then ordered the parts.

My first pleasant shock came when they called me 4 days later to say the parts were in. That never happened with any of the HD or BMW dealers I've dealt with in the past (though Grapevine Kawasaki is also good about that for my dual sport needs).

Stadium didn't care one wit that I didn't buy the bike from them. They just wanted the chance to earn my service business.

I arrived just before they opened at 9 this morning. They had the bike up on the lift in no time and about 3 hours later it was done. They apologized for the wait saying it was their first '06 dash replacement. They got all my farkles back on correctly and not a scratch to be found anywhere! :yahoo: Everything seems to be working fine so far.

I give them a big thumbs up and intend to go back for my 12K.

I'll second that recommendation to Stadium Yamaha in Irving, TX as they were recommended to me by our own illustrious Tony O./lotechredneck as a good place to go to get work done in the DFW area.

Stadium has worked on my '05 FJR and they also get my business on my '06 FJR.

Jason the owner is a good guy and the guys in the service section are always seem to be happy to work with you and for you as opposed to those organizations that are doing you a favor to let one of their personnel touch your bike.

Dropped by Stadium one time back when my '03 was new. Found the salesman who sold me by 98 Gold Wing (Honda West) was now working there. We exchanged pleasantries and chatted a bit. I bought something (can't remember what now) and I left. If they were closer to where I lived, I'd check them out more often. That's one reason I'd think twice about a marque that doesn't have a large dealer network. I read stories about some owners having to ride 60 to 150 miles (one way) to get to their nearest dealer and shake my head in wonder.