Is there a CFR 2011 site or planner?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rheal

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am from Montreal and have just recently become aware of the yearly(?) CFR run in Quebec and Parc Tremblant. I'd like to know where to go -or who to talk to- to get 2011 registration info.

Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

I am from Montreal and have just recently become aware of the yearly(?) CFR run in Quebec and Parc Tremblant. I'd like to know where to go -or who to talk to- to get 2011 registration info.

Thanks in advance.
https://fjrrally.com/CFR/ Here you go, Rheal! MEM, Mary Ellen of Fredericton, NB is our Rally Mistress. You can PM her, but the FJRGuy - Jeff C. website is excellent!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Rheal

I THINK I put the link in my "Welcome aboard" greeting (on your introductory post) :D

I JUST placed the order for vests (2 minutes ago).

Don sent you the CFR link. There are guys and a gal coming from Ontario and Quebec. Post up or PM me if you're interested !!

MEM

Bonjour Rheal, Here's the History of CFR as tu Papa Chuy knows it. But what the Hell does this Zonie know, I just ride North each year for the hot Canadian women!!!

2007 - Huntsville, Ontario

2008 - Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia

2009 - Nakusp, British Columbia

2010 - Mont Tremblant, Quebec

2011 - Fredericton, New Brunswick

2012 - The persistent rumor is that it will be held in Western Canada again. Steve - Jorstin (with his Son Justin) and "El Burrito Ballerina" (with my Son Seth) are really hoping this is the case.

We are riding with our 14 year old Sons to Alaska on a month long trip in Summer of 2012 and we fully intend to work CFR 2012 into our AK motorcycle travel plans.

Many thanks to all that replied. I've got it now!

Although I'd love to join since I am originally from NB and attended UNB in F'ton for both my Engineering degree (class of '76) and my Masters '87), it looks like this will be i direct conflict with my job schedule! Hmmm!

Although I'd love to join since I am originally from NB and attended UNB in F'ton for both my Engineering degree (class of '76) and my Masters '87), it looks like this will be i direct conflict with my job schedule! Hmmm!
You're of my vintage :lol: (UNB '77 and '00; too much partying kept me out of the Class of '76 :blink: )

Which discipline of Engineering ? (know John McKinney?)

Don't you get VACATION when you want it ?!? June should be easy since it's before everyone else wants to take it?

FYI (for future years), CFR has become a June event

But a Tremblant ride is a couple of hours of riding - there are lots of very pleasant roads around Mont Tremblant, but the park itself sucks as a riding venue..

However a high speed romp through Parc de la Mauricie is an EXCELLENT way to spend a day. Unbelievably well maintained roads with just the right amount of twist.

...However a high speed romp through Parc de la Mauricie is an EXCELLENT way to spend a day. Unbelievably well maintained roads with just the right amount of twist.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...someday! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!
yahoo.gif

Currently my favorite road in Canada!!!

...2012 - The persistent rumor is that it will be held in Western Canada again. Steve - Jorstin (with his Son Justin) and "El Burrito Ballerina" (with my Son Seth) are really hoping this is the case.

We are riding with our 14 year old Sons to Alaska on a month long trip in Summer of 2012 and we fully intend to work CFR 2012 into our AK motorcycle travel plans.
You might want to consider passing through Western Canada in late June! Jus' sayin'!
wink.gif

...2012 - The persistent rumor is that it will be held in Western Canada again. Steve - Jorstin (with his Son Justin) and "El Burrito Ballerina" (with my Son Seth) are really hoping this is the case.

You might want to consider passing through Western Canada in late June! Jus' sayin'!
wink.gif
Hi Jeff, After the first of the year I'll probably be bugging you for exact dates. Or March 1st at the latest, this is due to our using the Alaska Marine Highway on our way up to AK and the British Columbia Ferry Service on the way back. Depending on where CFR 2012 will be held and exact dates, we can also reverse the ferry travels.

You're of my vintage :lol: (UNB '77 and '00; too much partying kept me out of the Class of '76 :blink: )

Which discipline of Engineering ? (know John McKinney?)

Don't you get VACATION when you want it ?!? June should be easy since it's before everyone else wants to take it?

FYI (for future years), CFR has become a June event
I am really going to like this forum. You are all interesting people whom I'd love to meet. And you really give a guy a warm welcome ... many thanks!

MEM: I am a Mechanical Eng, class of '76. Now it seems to me there where unfortunately no women in my graduating year, but there where three the year after. I unfortunately no longer remember their names (Helena Baird? and ... but where you one of them? John McKinney's name rings a bell, but I do not really remember him no. Some people from my class, Doug Mann, Alan Robinson, Jim Hall ... I do get vacation but have used up over 3 weeks for an India vacation last March-April. I will be in NB for a niece's wedding and reunion in August -here goes another week well spent!) and I always reserve time for Xmas. I am considering taking a few days of unpaid leave, but my business commitments get in the way. I am still thinking about it though!

FJRGuy: I worked in Brooks Alberta in the late '70, early '80s AND my brother lives in Calgary. I developed quite an attachment to Alberta and western Canada. The chance of seeing me driving to and through Calgary in the next few years is very high!

Beemerdons: I've hardly toured at all, and you are all over North America! My compliments on your travels ... and on your attempts at French! You can bike all winter in the southern states, then head up to Canada for a cooler summer! May we meet soon.

Sorry I am so long winded people ... bad habit of mine!