Is this JohnOCooper guy for real?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colin24

IBA# 446
Reaction score
Just an open question to anyone following the goings on in the ironbutt forum with this JohnOCooper character.

Is this guy for real or what? :dribble: Wow..... :blink:

This guy is so out to lunch that I am beginning to wonder if the guy doesn't even exist. An admin has just "Created" this troll just for the fun of it.

I stopped posting any replies to him a few days ago when he started quoting Newtonian physics and I knew I shouldn't taunt him any further. But damn it; Every time he says something I just shake my head and mutter WTF to myself. And of course this just provides encouragment to prod him some more to see what will come out of his mouth the next time. :lol:

I'm going to try and not post anything further. But every time he posts another message he makes it real difficult not to. Its like you just want to post something that is provocative just to make him say something else. :p

Very entertaining! :clapping:

- Colin

EDIT: I just went back and re-read his last post in "May 2012 newsletter" where he responds to Masterson, Watkins, Byrd and myself. I could _so_ pull his entire post apart statement by statement. Its like he's saying abstract things and misinterpreting postings just to taunt people to respond. :huh: He's either the dumbest rookie or the smartest troll I have ever seen. (But I am suspecting the former...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I had access to see this stuff. At least now I have a name to watch in '13. I am sure he will ride 'quite' the rally.

Wish I had access to see this stuff. At least now I have a name to watch in '13. I am sure he will ride 'quite' the rally.
The guy is a real piece of work for sure. You can get the gist of it from his public web site.

https://rides.johnocooper.com/

If he does indeed show up with the intention of tyring to pass tech without a TPMS...well I'd pay to see that show.

there a new requirement to have a TPMS when it's not OEM?

Ah. Read his rant on his blog. He wants to run a non-OEM tire and to do so they set that requirement for him. Once again, someone mistakes participation in a rally as equivalent to hosting it.

WTF?

Last edited by a moderator:
He's either the dumbest rookie or the smartest troll I have ever seen. (But I am suspecting the former...)
I think that assessment is correct. I'll bet staff are watching him closely at this point and hoping his fellow riders might help him see the light. But, if his latest response is any indicator.....I foresee him cratering into the IBA playa long before June 2013. There are certainly a plethora of Type A personalities in this sport, but John seems to be one of the more meteoric ones in recent memory.

It is entertaining, that is for sure. Part of me wants to see him show up at the start, just too see what will happen, but another part of me doesn't want him anywhere near the start since he will just be a distraction and as a Rookie I will have more than enough on my mind as it is. Then again, maybe the humor will be a good last minute stress reliever.

So how fast do you think his pending certification ride is going to get processed?