It's a good day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ray, this is great to read, although I selfishly admit that I didn't realize there was an issue.

3 weeks ago, my wife had total knee replacement on the right side. In the Pre-op room, the mood was light, but with an undertone of distress. My wife was understandably scared shitless and behind my cheerful, upbeat, positive face, I was wrestling with my own stress. Once she goes beyond that door, I relinquish all control. Whatever happens is totally out of my hands. This is something that is still particularly challenging for me. I know better. I know that for the most part, this is no different than anything else. In reality, I'm rarely in control of anything - especially things that really matter. I know this, and yet I revert back to my anal tendencies, especially during times of stress.

After a couple of hours that seemingly lasted forever, the surgeon came to tell me everything was fine. And it was, and still is. After that, I had a lonely moment of pride. I faced my demons and beat them.

I kind of sensed those same feelings in your original post. If that is true, then I celebrate with you. Regardless, I wish your family a restful and peaceful Christmas, and look forward to the New Year.

Great news Ray -- even better for Patti.

All the best to you both
smile.png
smile.png

That's great news Ray.

My wife had an aneurysm clipped this past April. 8 inch zipper and a plate in her head. Couldn't be repaired with the wire. Caught it in the nick of time.

Modern medicine is awesome! You can't even tell she had the surgery. Well, except for the occasional twitch.
rolleyes.gif

Very good to hear Ray. Merry Christmas to you and Patti and a speedy recovery for her.

This is serious shit.

R&P, great to hear of good news.

Take it easy.

No wild SEX for a bit, OK?

Loving you both,

dcarver