JEFF @ SPORTBIKE EFFECTS!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evilmedic13

Reaction score
Well, yesterday I e-mailed Jeff about a Garmin/autocomm/starcom combo and what he thought and what would I need for me and my wifes parameters. After about 18 looooooog hours of waiting for a response(WARNING:Heavy dose of SARCASM) not only does he send an email, he has the nerve to call and speak to me. Not just conversing, but asking questions and suggesting things based on those questions!!!! THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!! I mean where does he get off providing not only a discount for forum members, but following up w/ actual personal interface??!!!!

The worst part is, he answered any questions I had and was extremely pleasant to talk to and came up w/ some ideas that I didn't even think of, not to mention telling me some positive things about a product that he doesn't even sell. What ever happened to no responses and the condescending attitudes I've become so accustomed to? I am so flabbergasted w/ this whole experience I don't know what to do, I mean, what can I do but write about it and give everyone a heads up this guy and warn them about this customer care thing! And after all that he even says tank you w/ that oh so pleasant tone after I spent a fair amount of dough due to him wearing me down! Now what the hell am I gonna do w/ all the right equipment for the gear I wanted???????

PS

Thanks again for all your help Jeff!!! :yahoo: If I ever want it or need it I'll check w/ you first! And for those that can't understand sarcasm <_< Shop w/ Jeff and you'll not only have all the right answers, but all the right stuff!

Thanks again Jeff!,

Ed

Pinned for the month!

I concur that Jeff takes personal attention to a new level! I've been struggling with my Starcom, ER-6 earplugs, and excessive static.....and he gave me a procedure for adjusting two settings a certain way at the same time and I think it might work.

I like his approach that if he's on the phone with another customer he'll call you back long distance on his dime like it's nothing. Nice touch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got pinned?! Wow, in a good way, no sarcasm.

Yes, it is definitely refreshing when you have someone that not only can give answers, but ask questions so as to be sure you have not only what you want, but what you need. :clapping:

airboss said:
WOW! a store that actually does customer service. I'm calling the BBB.
Naw....can't be.............are you sure he's not in India or the Philippines?

I've bought "stuff" from Jeff...........first rate customer service!

Jim

And the service at Le Château du Jeffery is first rate, too! ;)
There, I uhm, fixed it.

For those who have only talked with him on the phone or ordered on his website.......he is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. For those going to WFO, be sure and look him up and introduce yourself. He is truly a gentleman in every good sense of the word. Oh yeah, and he can ride the wheels off your bike when you're trying to keep up, too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll add a me too to this as well.

I purchased my StarCom from him and some other gadgets (90 degree valve stems and what not). Recently (yesterday) emailed him about what cables I need for a Zumo, all I wanted was part numbers so I could order.

Of course he called me to confirm and discuss. Good thing too cause I almost ordered that stupid cable that would have given me tunes from the Zumo in MONO.

:clapping:

I'm adding a "me too also" to Renegade's "me too". I'm a retail guy and know the importance of great customer service. Jeff certainly knows how to provide GREAT service. Keep it up Jeff, You'll have a customer in me as long as I ride.

-GSE-

Jeff has screwed the pooch again on customer service! Those that have a weak heart may want to sit down. I ordered 2 sets (4 total) of 90 degree valve stems for my FJR. I expected an email or call to make sure I knew there were 2 to a set and did I need 4? No contact and they were quickly on the way. I get the package today and there is just one set and I am charged for 2 sets. Please sit down for this part: I call him and tell him about the shortage and before I say another word he has the nerve to apologize. I haven't even told him my name and he knows what happened. It gets worse, minutes after our phone conversation I get a UPS ship confirmation email that the stems are on the way! I don't know what to do because I am not accustomed to this type of treatment. I think this will eventually spoil us in our business dealings with other merchants. :unsure:

Definitely hope he's contagious! Once again he went outta the way to help w/ a problem. He spent so much time helping me figger out the noise problem I swear I wiped out any profit he may have made from my purchase. Thanks again Jeff! Enough cannot be said to do this man justice, he just has to be experienced :yahoo:

Just got off the phone with Jeff. All I can say is, I wish everyplace I had business with was as attuned to there customers as he is. If you see something he's got, don't waste your time shopping elsewhere, just buy it.

Thanks Jeff :clapping:

Barry

Just opened my order from Jeff and wanted to say thanks for the help. :yahoo:

Everything I wanted was in stock (valve stems and Starcom cable) Also

Jeff was nice enought to call me back and ask for my email address so

he could send me a tracking #.

As said here before this was a very easy and biker/forum friendly transaction.

So thanks Jeff :yahoo:

Chuck

Heck I saw him last sunday at Moskowitze corners and just talking to him and looking at his fork brace and asking a couple of questions, I felt guilty and and rushed home to order one of those braces.

l ke it has been said before. He is to dam njce. Every time you see or talk to him you just want to buy something because he so nice.. :)

weekend rider :)

throwing my "me 2" cents in as a Farkle addict....I took Renegade's advice and ordered from Jeff....has exceeded my expectations on both orders I placed.