Joined The Club

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lipps

Reaction score
I picked up my 2009 Feejer on Friday. :yahoo:

What a ride! Coming off of a 2007 Road Glide, this thing is a rocket ship took it for a ride on the way home yesterday and out to West Point, CA today. The power and handling are both excellent.

So far, I've found a couple things that the dealer didn't do quite right when prepping the bike:

1. After getting home this afternoon, I had pain in my right shoulder blade but not in my left. Found it odd, inspected the bars and the right handlebar was in the forward position while the left was in the middle. I adjusted the right bar to the middle position. I'm gonna take it down to the Lake Berryessa area tomorrow. If I'm still getting pain, I'll try the rearward position.

2. The left saddlebag catch (the lanyard type piece that keeps it from coming open 180 degrees) was not attached. Easy enough to do myself.

Buying experience wise, it was a pretty good experience.

I'd post some pictures but right now, it's just stock.

I picked up my 2009 Feejer on Friday. :yahoo:
What a ride! Coming off of a 2007 Road Glide, this thing is a rocket ship took it for a ride on the way home yesterday and out to West Point, CA today. The power and handling are both excellent.

So far, I've found a couple things that the dealer didn't do quite right when prepping the bike:

1. After getting home this afternoon, I had pain in my right shoulder blade but not in my left. Found it odd, inspected the bars and the right handlebar was in the forward position while the left was in the middle. I adjusted the right bar to the middle position. I'm gonna take it down to the Lake Berryessa area tomorrow. If I'm still getting pain, I'll try the rearward position.

2. The left saddlebag catch (the lanyard type piece that keeps it from coming open 180 degrees) was not attached. Easy enough to do myself.

Buying experience wise, it was a pretty good experience.

I'd post some pictures but right now, it's just stock.
Welcome to the forum,

Depending on you height you may have to do some additional spending to get it just right for you. The seat does adjust if they didn't tell you that at the dealer. Even at that my guess it will take about 2 to 3 weeks to get use to the bike and the riding position.

Eventually you will settle in.

Good luck with the new steed and be safe.

Dave

Awright. You went from "hoping to get an FJR sometime this year" to a spiffy new '09 in a month! Now jump into some local rides, sign up for WFO, and ride that puppy!

Congratulations! Glad you are enjoying that slick new ride! Hope to see you on some local rides, sorry I can't join you on your Berryessa run tomorrow, ride safe and have fun! :)

:yahoo: Hmmmmm.....another Sacramento area rider. :yahoo:

We'll be planning some local rides soon, as Sam said, plan to come along.

Welcome from the land just up north of you. Basically Chico. Want to ride sometime, just say so...

Well, since you dealer missed a thing or two, I think I would double check the saddle bag locks (to make sure they used loctite in afixing them to the bags). And if you haven't already; read the FAQ thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. After getting home this afternoon, I had pain in my right shoulder blade but not in my left.
Just wait until the wallet pain starts after you ride with the Sack-o-tomatoes crowd and find out first-hand how much neat crap is available to customize the bike.

Congrats - The Feej is a GREAT bike

Congrats! Enjoy your new ride. It's an entirely different ride than what you're used to, for sure! :yahoo:

Enjoy the bike. And this forum. it's just GREAT!! A bunch of help & fun stuff from a bunch of GREAT folks. Take care.

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome. This place appears to be second to none as far as friendliness of internet forums goes. Hope to meet as many of you as I can in my travels.

Welcome to the forum,
Depending on you height you may have to do some additional spending to get it just right for you. The seat does adjust if they didn't tell you that at the dealer. Even at that my guess it will take about 2 to 3 weeks to get use to the bike and the riding position.

Eventually you will settle in.

Good luck with the new steed and be safe.

Dave
I did know about the seat. I've got about a 30" inseam so I've got it in the lowest position. With boots on I feel fine about the height. More than likely, I'll end up going with some bar risers but I'm going to try and see if my body adapts to the bike. Heading up to Eureka this weekend, so that should give me an indication of where the pain points are for me. I've also been reading through some of the Master Yoda stuff and seeing if I can put it into practice and what that does for me.

Awright. You went from "hoping to get an FJR sometime this year" to a spiffy new '09 in a month! Now jump into some local rides, sign up for WFO, and ride that puppy!
Hoping to make it to WFO. My father-in-law lives in Eureka so that makes it easier for me to get up there.

Congratulations! Glad you are enjoying that slick new ride! Hope to see you on some local rides, sorry I can't join you on your Berryessa run tomorrow, ride safe and have fun! :)
Hopefully we'll meet up in the future. Berryessa was a blast. Hit almost all of the major roads in the area and except for getting stuck in the middle of a line of Ferrari's (going way under the limit) coming into Napa, had great luck with the traffic.

Well, since you dealer missed a thing or two, I think I would double check the saddle bag locks (to make sure they used loctite in afixing them to the bags). And if you haven't already; read the FAQ thread.
I'm going to check the bag locks and some of the other things mentioned in the bin-o-facts this evening. Today's commute should put me right about 600 miles so it's time to figure out how to do my first oil change/service. Only thing I don't have at the moment is the TB sync tool so that will have to wait. From reading the forum a bit, most folks don't consider it to be absolutely crucial and I should have the tool by the time I hit my next oil change so I'll do it then unless someone local wants to walk me through the process (Have adult beverages and FJR, will travel). B)

1. After getting home this afternoon, I had pain in my right shoulder blade but not in my left.
Just wait until the wallet pain starts after you ride with the Sack-o-tomatoes crowd and find out first-hand how much neat crap is available to customize the bike.

Congrats - The Feej is a GREAT bike
Already ordered up a stem mount from the guy that rule number 10 was created for so that I can move my Zumo over to the FJR. Vista cruise and grip puppies are on my short list. I have no doubt the list will grow as I see what others have done.

That '09 Black is a purty bike! Enjoy!

BTW, did you sell the HD or keep it to build up your 2 wheeled fleet?

MJ

That '09 Black is a purty bike! Enjoy!BTW, did you sell the HD or keep it to build up your 2 wheeled fleet?

MJ
At the moment, the Road Glide is sitting in the Garage next to the FJR and the sportster. I'll probably look at selling the HD(s) when the market is a bit more favorable. I don't think they are going to get ridden much.

Welcome to the forum ... neighbor :) Who's your dealer ?
Thanks. Hopefully we can meetup sometime. With everyone around the Sacramento region, maybe we should consider a Sacramento owners get together. Bike came from Auburn.

Thanks. Hopefully we can meetup sometime. With everyone around the Sacramento region, maybe we should consider a Sacramento owners get together. Bike came from Auburn.
I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing you soon. Always some ride or other in this area. keep your eyes on the CA "regional ride planning" section. If you can suit up with 5 minutes notice you might catch OldMichael :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: