July 2, Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluestreek

Bluestreek
Reaction score
FJR1AB (2-up) (AKA Bluestreek) and Rick in Sac (2-up) are planning to ride from W. Sacto across the Golden Gate with a lunch stop in Sausalito. We will probably come home via Napa and Lake Berryessa. Departing at 0900 from the Chevron if anyone wants to join us.

FJR1AB (2-up) (AKA Bluestreek) and Rick in Sac (2-up) are planning to ride from W. Sacto across the Golden Gate with a lunch stop in Sausalito. We will probably come home via Napa and Lake Berryessa. Departing at 0900 from the Chevron if anyone wants to join us.
Tell me a little more about your plans involving Napa and Berryessa. BTW, the Berryessa area will be heavy with CHP this weekend.

We will be meeting at the Chevern at the Enterprise Exit Off of I 80 just west of I-5 9:00 Leaving about 9:15 Anyone wishing to join us would be welcome.

Sorry for the short notice.

Sorry I don't know the area or the roads that well to say where we will be at what time.

July 16 we may do a ride to Markleeville for lunch Go up hwy 4 and back down hwy 88 or something like that. I will know more after this weekend.

Skyway lets get that bike fixed.

Skyway lets get that bike fixed.
Today they added a new cam chain tensioner to the list of bad parts, so now I have to wait and see if one is in stock next week. :headbonk: For crying out loud it's 2005 and Yamaha cannot even make a bike that can make it 6000 miles without needing magor surgery. :fool:

A friend of mine just scored a new Kawasaki ZX10R and said it worked really well over H4 to Markleville and back. :D I will soon be farkling some one-off trick machined parts for it as I did on one of his other bikes, a Suzuki TL1000R.

Just finished up another great day of riding. Left Sac area at 9:15 heading for the Bay area and accross the Golden Gate bridge nice and cool over there. Stopped for a great lunch in Sausalito. I can still taste the Meatball sandwich. Had to stop and buy wife a sweater. Can't beleive she didn"t bring any thing warmer to wear. I think she planned it that way so she could go shopping. she says she didn"t ;) realy. Then it was on to hwy 1 lots a traffic but still enjoyed the ride. Because of the amount of traffic and the shopping spree we had to cut our ride short and and skip the ride thru berryessa. The ride home was hot with lots of traffic and leo"s everywhere. Still everyone had a good time enjoying each others company, riding and eating the cookies that were provided by the Den Mother ( Mrs. Ricinsac ) She also made sure we had plenty to take home.

We are still kicking around the idea of lunch in Markleeville on the 16th. I want to get my butt ready for the WFO in August

Any takers?

Yeah...I'm thinkin' (Dang, it hurts my head to do that!). If I get the tires and shock finished next weekend, wire the GPS and burgler alarm....Hmmmmm. Maybe.

Gonna ride up Fiddletown Road, L on Shake Ridge Road to 88 @ Dew Drop and go East that way? Come home West on Hwy 4? Hmmmm. :) :wacko:

Oh well - we tried <_<

Our dates of "must do things" rule out the Markleeville ride.

Too bad though, the last one was a blast - pre FJR days for Rick & Karen.

Give Deb & I a thought as you down your lunches huh?

Lunch on the 16th in Markleeville is something I can do. It's a short ride for me to meet you guys there, and if you're going back over 4 or 88, I may be up for a good part of that -- either completing the loop on the other (4 or 88) or doubling back. I've got the MSF advanced course in Carson City on Sunday the 17th at 8 am, so I have to decide which bike to take, and will probably stay the night in Gardnerville at GF's. She may even be up for lunch and the loop.

Let me know if you're still on. :ph34r: