K&N air filter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vermonta

Reaction score
How many of you people are using the K&N air filter and could you really tell any difference between the OEM and the K&N? I realize that the K&N is a better filter and last longer but is it worth the extra money? :unsure:

I have a K&N. It's 2.7% horsepower to my hoopty given the precise calibration of my buttdyno. It's also improved mileage, reduced corrosion, promoted new hair growth, and gotten me laid many times.

Seriously, I noticed a bit more roll on and the front wheel can lift in second gear...and after 100K miles with it...it's paid for itself just in replacement from stock filters.

It's also been talked about many, many times on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one but if I didn't keep stuff for a long time I don't know that I would bother with it. As far as HP claims I would have to see back to back dyno runs to believe it. Don't know if it filters better or just uses a different method.

If it does everything that Iggy says it does then maybe it will help in his political career also.

I have a K&N. ...... It's also .... promoted new hair growth, and gotten me laid many times....
OK Ig, I'm calling your bluff. We know your hair is not getting any thicker. ;)
The getting laid, we want written proof by the alleged, ummmm, clients that your K&N got you this. :p