K12

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the grammer of the last post was slightly off! What do you guys think? :D

I say " let he who is without spellchecker edit his own post!" :)

Grammer is what I called my mother's mother. Grammar is that crap we learned in high school. Myanmar is that country where they used to make the shaving cream.

:rofl:

"9g up to 4th gear"

Why are you shifting at 9? Rev limiter doesn;t kick in til 10G!!!!!

I have both of the bikes in question. They are both a blast to ride. But the acceleration of the FJR is no match for the beemer. The latter (in my case) isn't stock either...it has an akrapovic ti header/can and a race intake. Dynos in the low 180s. Both bikes handle very well, but the emergency braking on the K12 is superior and the ESA is very convenient if you changeup your riding style/load frequently.

Practical or long distance mood: FJR

Bad mood: K1200S

190j3320.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What does a 'carp' have to do with anything? Talking about carp and fishing stories, I'm getting nervous, maybe its just dementia setting in - I dunno.

The K1200S is a fine machine. From the seat of my pants test ride…it is no doubt a little faster than an FJR, as is the case “on paper“. Here are some performance stats on a 2005 K1200S (according to 8/05 MCN Pg. 16): ¼ mile = 10.47, 0-60mph = 3.17, top speed 172.2 mph, max rear-wheel hp = 134.7, max torque 81.3 lb. ft. Again, KS is a nice bike, if it was $dollar for $dollar, I wouldn’t hesitate to have the KS instead of the FJR as my touring bike...oh and I love the 6-speed trani on the KS!

Nice looking mount Mogan!

ya just a bunch of old farts that don’t know how to have fun, I was simply posting some fun we had, racing around, yeah I smoked him, but it was all in good fun, then we rode together for about 10 miles, you guys missed that part completely, all you want to do is jump on your soap box and whine. Not only that, it sure gave you guys something to talk about, a hell of allot more interesting then the carp you normally read about on here, Yeah I know, your now gonna get mad about this post to. You big Cry baby! Go sit on your bike and cry, Remember this conversation next time your Bashing Harleys or making fun of the Cages, or other A-' whole's that don't know how to drive! A few guys on this board are funny and know how to mess around and have fun, but allot of you are just old Farts that want to do nothing but complain and pick apart someone's post. I guess you have nothing better to do! If you can't have fun and a few laughs, "fishing stories" etc. yeah and every 8 inch fish you ever caught never turned in to 12 inches by the time you got home either, you should be ashamed of yourself you lying thing. So maybe I was mistaking about what fricken gear I was in, God forbid I was in 3rd and not in 4th, oh my God, he's lying, kill him, shot him, some of you should really be ashamed of yourselves.

“Let the one without Sin throw the first stone” someone famous once said!

If nothing else this post gave you something else to complain about, so you can feel like a real man! So by this point you should feel like super man!

Just remember he was also make believe.
Wow! That was deep.

Pappy

K1200S, very fast, not Busa or 14 fast but is plenty fast for mere mortals. Very high tech design, interesting front suspension, ABS system, shaft drive, all day comfort, adjustable suspension on the fly, heated grips ... The design of this bike and the technology is much more interesting to me than adding more power to go fast in a straight line. For sport touring the K12S has a lot more going for it than either Busa or 14.

relax uncaged... the responders have just as much anonymity and right as your original post.

so they're rebuttal holds no more weight than the original post.

so --- it's all good.

Was a another hot valley day, well over 100f, I Pull beside a Beamer k12 at a stop sign,( nice looking bike)He starts rev'in it up, wait'in to get the jump after the intersections clears, He goes first, I nail it, 9g up to 4th gear, start to back off around 110mph, look in my mirror he's couple hundred feet behind me! hahah

We then rode together for abut 10 miles then went our separate ways. Was all in good fun, but it feels good to know I'm the winner!!! :D

FJR Rocks!!

UnCaged
Ungaged...+1.

Hey, Hey, you guy's are all off. So stop your cryin right this minute. He's not talking 9"k", he's talking 9"g"! Man you guys are getting old...he was at 9G's in 4th gear! It only makes sence. Shoot, the Beamer was probablly only at around 7 or 8 "g's". You ever been at 9g's? It feels great, its almost more than you can take! Actually its really kind of hard to even focus at 9g's. I was at 9g's just the other day and I wasn't racing anyone and I was in 4th. You look down, and before you know it, bam, 9g's. So whats everyone worried about, so please, pay attention here....PM. <>< :lol: :yahoo:

Don't look now, but Uncaged has left the building almost four months ago. Why did this dead POS thread get exhumed anyway? This is worse than over at, uh, never mind....

Don't look now, but Uncaged has left the building almost four months ago. Why did this dead POS thread get exhumed anyway? This is worse than over at, uh, never mind....
Toe, alot of threads get brought back to life around here. Not a problem, just doesn't mean the thread starter has gone somewhere. And that other place is a drag but I thought no one hung out there anymore. So how is it over there? Just like Ungaged said.....either pick it apart or tear it down...PM. <>< :lol:

Not a problem, just doesn't mean the thread starter has gone somewhere. And that other place is a drag but I thought no one hung out there anymore. So how is it over there? Just like Ungaged said.....either pick it apart or tear it down...PM. <>< :lol:
From his profile: UnCaged Last Active - 21st July 2006 - 05:39 PM
ya just a bunch of old farts that don’t know how to have fun, I was simply posting some fun we had, racing around, yeah I smoked him, but it was all in good fun, then we rode together for about 10 miles, you guys missed that part completely, all you want to do is jump on your soap box and whine. Not only that, it sure gave you guys something to talk about, a hell of allot more interesting then the carp you normally read about on here, Yeah I know, your now gonna get mad about this post to. You big Cry baby! Go sit on your bike and cry, Remember this conversation next time your Bashing Harleys or making fun of the Cages, or other A-' whole's that don't know how to drive! A few guys on this board are funny and know how to mess around and have fun, but allot of you are just old Farts that want to do nothing but complain and pick apart someone's post. I guess you have nothing better to do! If you can't have fun and a few laughs, "fishing stories" etc. yeah and every 8 inch fish you ever caught never turned in to 12 inches by the time you got home either, you should be ashamed of yourself you lying thing. So maybe I was mistaking about what fricken gear I was in, God forbid I was in 3rd and not in 4th, oh my God, he's lying, kill him, shot him, some of you should really be ashamed of yourselves.

“Let the one without Sin throw the first stone” someone famous once said!

If nothing else this post gave you something else to complain about, so you can feel like a real man! So by this point you should feel like super man!

Just remember he was also make believe.
That was actually his last post before he moved on to wherever it is he now hangs out. Doesn't mean he'll never be back, but we can hold out hope.

Yeah, well, he had a point.

>>all you want to do is jump on your soap box and whine. Not only that, it sure gave you guys something to talk about, a hell of allot more interesting then the carp you normally read about on here, Yeah I know, your now gonna get mad about this post to. You big Cry baby! Go sit on your bike and cry, Remember this conversation next time your Bashing Harleys or making fun of the Cages, or other A-' whole's that don't know how to drive!

A few guys on this board are funny and know how to mess around and have fun, but allot of you are just old Farts that want to do nothing but complain and pick apart someone's post.<<

Chill pill please...........

jeez......

The dude is ecstatic about getting a better jump on another bike which

happened to be a k12..............so what is the problem here.

Kudos that he has

1.) a motorcycle

2.) its yamaha

3.) its an FJR

4.) he joined the forum.......

5.) and he is actually riding it from time to time....

NC