Kenyon-wabasha Circle-minniesooota

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radman

R.I.P. Our Motorcycling Friend
Reaction score
Hwy 50 to 56 south to Kenyon, 60 to Wabasha, 61 north to Hasting, Co 46 to Lakeville. More LEO's on the road than I have seen in a year total. 6 improving the revenue stream, 1 on 56 (HP), 2 on 60 (County Mountie), 3 on 61 (mix of HP and Mountie) Saw at least 6 more moving but not collecting. Popped a hill on 56, and if he hadn't been busy collecting, it would have been me and my bud for 135 in a 55.

The snakes are pretty heavy on 60 east of Zumbro Falls, where it really gets fun. Watch for them on corner entry if eastbound-some could not be in a worse spot. Other than that, the road is clean, no grit, and nice and grippy, which makes the snakes all the worse. As soon as the confidence is up, a snake will throw the fear of God into ya. Several times Frank did a 6 inch hop, till I wised up and brought the speed down a touch, at least until I got the lay of the land. The turn exits were almost perfect, which makes one wonder if the DOT bastards put them there on purpose for scooter control. Wouldn't put it past 'em. Harleys, motor homes, and tractors were almost non-existent, which was a Godsend. :p The snakes vary from turn to turn as to orientation, with a good mix of parallel and perpendicular to chose from. All in all, a fun ride, and a great way to get a new set of meats ready for some CFO rippin.

rad

Last edited by a moderator: