Key West, FL Hotel

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grumpy

Reaction score
I'm planning to make a January ride to FL, to escape the cold, and need a hotel recommendation for Key West.

Thanks, Jim

Hey Jim,

I stayed at the Sheraton about 5 years ago. Was a very nice place. Pool was cool and folks were nice. Location was a bit north from the downtown stuff and that kept it quiet too. But there's many other places closer to the action. The Sheraton is right across the street from Smathers Beach, although we were advised not to swim in the ocean.

But nice place, all in all. Good luck!!

I just went down for the Poker Run and I stayed at the Southernmost, which has a nicer facility associated with it, the Dewey House.

Everything will be higher $$ as you are now in-season.

-BD

I agree with BrunDog that you WILL pay more...but you'll be glad you did.

I, too, stayed in KW during the September Poker Run and stayed at the Courtyard Marriott Waterfront.

Got TOTALLY toasted with 151 Pina Coladas at the Tiki Bar, and lemme tell ya, the 104 degree spa next to the pool felt REAL good after a 300 mile ride to get there. :)

Right on the Main Drag, but not buried in the cramped West/South end of the island.

I'd say PM me when you hit FLA and I'd ride with ya, but I'll be coming off surgery on 12/16, so I'll pass this time around. :(

There was a conversation a year ago about a small hotel right on Duval that was biker friendly with off street parking. However, I can't find my notes on which one it was?

Jim

Another 2005 Poker Run attendee here. We stayed at the Key West Bed & Breakfast and were extremely happy. They serve a very nice complimentary breakfast each morning and they were extremely nice, friendly people. The one downfall ...... they do not have TV's in the rooms. I don't know why, it seems like such an easy thing to do, but there were no TV's.

...Got TOTALLY toasted with 151 Pina Coladas at the Tiki Bar...
You drank that many pina coladas? That's like... what? 200,000 calories? ;)

-BD
I've never denied being a fat bastard, but nothing like Fat Naked Guy.

Besides, I drank one in honor of every 10 miles you've put on your FJR this year.

:bleh: :fuck: :bleh:

Casa Marina . . . excellent room, breakfast buffet, dining room (right next to Don Shula's Steakhouse as well), gotta go on Hotels.com or some other sites to get good rates or you will be paying as high as 400 per night . . . but can get in for less than 150 if you try.

The Hilton was our choice the bikes are in a covered garage and you can walk across the street to Duval. Fairly pricey though.

We were there this summer and stayed at Ocean Key Resort at 0 Duval Street. One bedroom condo right over the channel. View Can't be beat. Also it was right at the fun end of Duval and shared a fence with Mallory Square . It's where everyone watches the sun go down with a bunch of street entertainers.

Here the web-site

https://www.oceankey.com/