Killington Classic CANCELLED

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snikr

Reaction score
I'm sorry to report that the Killington Classic has been cancelled. The report in Fridays Rutland Herald (March 17) is that they couldn't make money on the event. Too bad as I love riding in my home state of Vermont.

Tom

The Killington Classic is back on!!!! They recieved funding from the State of VT and the local gov't to keep it going for the next five years. This is a great rally with fantistic rides through the Vermont countryside.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Classic is held in Killington, VT. Just a few miles from Rutland, VT (southern part of VT). Good roads to ride like RT 100, RT 17 (App Gap) and RT 108 over Smugglers Notch to name just a FEW.

Tom

You don't want to go to Killington for the Harley parade (unless you like POTATO-POTATO x 100 and the smell of unburnt gasoline and burned oil) , or the vendor booths with Harley brick-a-brack, or the poseur boys with straight pipes and no sense.

Went last year, stayed at the Swiss Farm Inn (great folks, cheap rooms, big breakfast, good dinner included for a nominal charge, coffee's always on), and rode Route 100 from the bottom to the top. It sure was funny to be on that road & not have 6 inches of snow on the ground... Rte 100 is a great bike road, straights, curves, tight curves, and the occasional Volvo or Subaru that acts as a throttle retarder. Wonderful country to ride through & friendly people too (almost as friendly as the Canadians). It's almost too good, the kind of area where there is no wrong turn, just lots & lots of good riding roads.

There was an 1150RT, my FJR, and a big Harley in our threesome & the Harley was definitely the limiting factor in the ride. Nice guy & all, very experienced long time rider, but boy he seemed slow ( or maybe I'm so used to the FJR that anything less than warp speed seems like standing still).

POTATO-POTATO X 100, unburnt gasoline, and burned oil ... LOL ... and hey, I actually like some cruisers (Street-Rod looks interesting).

I've ridden VT100 and it was fun. Lots of other good roads in VT/NH/Adirondack region ... could probably spend a couple weeks vacation there without getting bored. But I'm not one for rallies ... even Americade gets a bit much for me.

That said, I'm heading up for the BMWMOA rally in June. Should be fun.

POTATO-POTATO X 100, unburnt gasoline, and burned oil ... LOL ... <snip>
That said, I'm heading up for the BMWMOA rally in June. Should be fun.
Isn't the BMW rally in Essex Jct, VT in July?? I think it's the weekend the wife and I are heading for Deals Gap (weekend of July 22).

Tom