KrZy8 - Crap, radiator leaking

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Odot ghey gay? Hey, ain't he yer bestest man-bud?

Test run this afternoon. All good. 2 bars less on temp gauge too, even at 81F today. Maybe having a coolant system that can hold pressure and newly cleaned radiator make a difference after all.

:fuck:

Hugs n' Kisses

Where in the Fuck did Odot come into the conversastion?

Just because some Horned up Sheep loving Dipshit decided to manufacure an AR, has nothing to do with our favourite T|eximo,,,,, or now Originamo

Where in the Fuck did Odot come into the conversastion?
Just because some Horned up Sheep loving Dipshit decided to manufacure an AR, has nothing to do with our favourite T|eximo,,,,, or now Originamo
Your spelling is a fucking joke Don!!!!

Evidently, it's been leaking for some time, based upon visual evidence of corrosion.

Upper left hand corner.

Check out the corrosion on the frame. This has been going on for some time.

Off bike, it sure doesn't seem like much.

Just my opinion DC but it seems like this leak was small enough that "blocking" off this little corner part of the radiator would not materially affect the cooling system performance. So something like JB Weld on the outside and a little fine black pepper or Bar's Leak from the inside and it would likely outlast your new engine
rolleyes.gif

My radiator is still leak free and outlasted my engine (and two deer strikes). I did blow it out with compressed air and thoroughly flushed it while it was out for the engine swap, amazing how much dirt/sand and crap was hiding in the fins.