Laminar Lip on V Stream

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harpo

Reaction score
I was wanting to put a Laminar lip on my V stream wind shield. The problem is Laminar don’t know what size lip to sell me. I measured the top of the shield at 23”, has anyone put a Laminar on a V Stream shield? And what size do I ask for?

i had a lip on my stock windshield and a v stream as well. It never occurred to me to combine them. Might really screw up the aerodynamics of the v stream as its a pretty complicated shape to start with.

I use on on Cee Baily taller and wider screen. I have the stock size laminar lip, so it does not overhang the shield. If I had it to do again, I'd buy a wider LL. My windshield is 23 inches across and the LL is 22 at the widest part. It works great even though it is slightly narrower than the windshield, and has stayed secured for 30K miles including crosscountry trips and Death Valley triple digit runs. Main advantage is I can run the windshield lower, looking over the top, and keep the airflow smooth and quiet.

293042Medium.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My V-Stream is 23" at the widest part, I was worried a stock Lip for a FJR would be several inches smaller. I think 22" would be OK judging by the picture.

Harpo, just for kicks, I suggest you call LL and ask them if they have a recommendation for your shield. They don't specifically sell for aftermarket shields, but their website suggests you do this. A 2" wider lip may have been better for me. When fitted to a stock windshield the LL is wider than the shield (overhangs), and the dual locks align closer to the edge. This tends to allow the LL to have more bow than the stock shield, so it stands off a little higher and fits without flexing the LL. My installation required flexing the LL, or spreading it so the dual locks could lie flat.

If you can find one at 24 to26" that is what I would do. You have 30 days to try it out and see if it will work, so use the trial period. I bought mine used, and am satisfied, but if you pay for a new one, you have the option of sending it back.

Hope this helps.