Laminar Lip Vs. Ceebaily

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shep

Reaction score
Well, I have not really had the chance to test my new FJR much lately, but I am looking at the likelyhood of making a change to the windshield. I am a short rider, 5'5", with a 29"-30" inseam. I ride with the shield all the way down and it is not too bad, but it is not very comfortable or effective as I raise it. I am debating between a CeeBaily +2 +2 or a Laminar Lip. I do not need as much height as some of you taller folks and I want to avoid looking through the shield unless it is raised up. I am looking for just an inch or two of height and a smoother flow. I have had CeeBaily shields on other bikes and was happy with them, but I have no experience with the Laminar Lip. The money difference does not matter, I simply want what will work best for me. Any experience with the Lip or the shorter CB would be appreciated. Thanks.

Shep

I have the Laminar Lip on an '03 with the stock windshield an it works quite well. Pretty much eliminated all the turbulence. I can put the shield anywhere I want it, but I still keep it down most of the time.

Jon