Latigo and Kanan

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dblhelix

Reaction score
Got the new Contour GPS unit and mounted to Feejer today for a test ride. Went up PCH to Latigo, down Kanan and home in about 1.5 hrs. Took 1 hr of video and tried out a few different mounting locations. The GPS data is sweet. Its all is viewable when playing on the software installed locally on my PC. Its a bit buggy when uploaded to the Contour site for sharing and the GPS only seems to show real time data for the first minute or so. Enough to get the idea though. Contour is aware of the issues and working to solve this. Love this little toy!! :)

https://contour.com/stories/a-bit-of-latigo

https://contour.com/stories/down-kanan--3

Very nice and I really like the map thingy. Not too sure about posting speed though... :p You might try sticking a small piece of foam over the mike hole when you've got the camera hanging out in the wind to help with the noise.

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, this was a first test run with the unit. The mic can be configured completely off. I figure I will ultimately edit in music or some such in lieu of the wind noise! Also unsure about the potential "issues" with posting speed data...could incite big brother... :unsure:

I like hearing the engine and a little wind noise is OK too - they add to the sense of speed and motion. A music track is fine but videos without any environmental sounds seem a bit sterile to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice... brings back memories... I used to work just off Kanan in Agoura and rode home that way (canyons to PCH to Magu to Moorpark) as often as I could. Damn I miss SoCal...

Thanks for sharing!

Griff

Ahhh....those tight turns near the top. Nice video. I can now show friends a bit of what those canyons are like on a bike. Speaking of which, watch out for bicyclists!

Damn I miss SoCal..
Well, at least you get the Icefields Parkway as a nice consolation prize!

Ahhh....those tight turns near the top. Nice video. I can now show friends a bit of what those canyons are like on a bike. Speaking of which, watch out for bicyclists!

Damn I miss SoCal..
Well, at least you get the Icefields Parkway as a nice consolation prize!
Icefields is a nice view... but not very twisty and clogged with RV's a lot of the time...

Griff