Leg 2, Gahanna, OH to Vienna, VA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangerray

Reaction score
Yep, life dealt me lemons, so I made lemonade. My trip from Gahanna to Vienna today was fantastic! Very little wind until I got over the mountains, no rain, no snow, and no close calls other than a cager here in Vienna trying to change lanes with me still there.

I went ahead with the route I had planned, which was I-70 to Zanesville area, 555 to Parkersburg, 50 to Mt. Storm, 42 to Petersburg, 259 to Front Royal, and 66 to Vienna. In the mountains up above the snowline, melt-off drained across the road making the remains of cinder ash nasty as hell, but you could still make good time. I left the Columbus area around 7:30 A.M. and got here about 6:00 P.M. That includes a couple of meal stops and a visit to a WV Natl. Cemetery.

I only saw one bike today. Why am I the only one riding around here? If I had these kind of roads available to me on a regular basis I'd never stay at home!

Sounds like your having a great time.

I'm glad the mother nature is looking out for you.

Tom

How was OH 555? If you can remember back that far with all the roads you rode?
555 was a nice route, however, I wasn't impressed with the pavement. It was kind of rough and wasn't confidence inspiring. 'Twas much better than the interstate, though. I really think that stretch could stand repaving. Really, I should stop and write down a few quick thoughts about a particular road I wish to comment on later because, as you mentioned, it is hard to recall the details later.

How was OH 555? If you can remember back that far with all the roads you rode?
555 was a nice route, however, I wasn't impressed with the pavement. It was kind of rough and wasn't confidence inspiring. 'Twas much better than the interstate, though. I really think that stretch could stand repaving. Really, I should stop and write down a few quick thoughts about a particular road I wish to comment on later because, as you mentioned, it is hard to recall the details later.
Thanks for the 555 report...we'll be riding that on Saturday.

Take care...and safe travels to you.