Lemonade

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You JackAss. I TOLD you we needed to ride to The Old Country Store in Lorman, Mississippi. I TOLD you that they had fried chicken that was easily among the top 3 I had ever eaten. I do remember telling you that with a PLAN!!! I could turn lunch at The Old Country Store into a 400 mile day loop.

Pop and I have eaten there several times. Did Mr. Arthur Davis come out and talk to you? Did he sing to you? He is quite a character. There are some very good Youtube videos of that place. Even Chef Alton Brown did a segment on it while he was traveling the country with his BMW motorcycles.

A pic from one of my RRs a couple years ago:

I am very sorry you guys scratched your bikes. I am greatly pleased you were both willing and able to carry on the trip.

I am jealous that you were able to meet Bob and Heidi and the other forum members. It seems you represented us well.

Great pics, good storyline. Very Good Ride Report.

Thank you all for reading my ride report and for your usual warm replies.

John - I wouldn't classify myself as a preacher, but selfishly I do hope that reading my ride reports inspires others to get out and venture further. There is only so much one can see vicariously through someone else.

Bob - ya done good, bro. Mike and I had a wonderful time in West Virginia. Clearly, Monday was a bucket list day for me. I do look forward to returning there one day, perhaps during the 2017 SEOR. Hopefully we can do some camping at that time, but if not, that cabin at Watoga will do just fine, thank you. Don't forget that you have a standing invite to visit down here too.

RjamT - thanks for your thoughts. I did think of you when I learned of our dogs' fate. I remember that you dealt with a similar situation on the back end of our Western adventure last fall. Like all matters of the heart, time is healing the wound. If it was up to me, I'd get another puppy now. My wife is not quite ready, though. So we will wait a bit and see what happens.

RFH, I apologize, my friend. I'm quite certain now that you indeed did tell me about that country store. For some reason, I was thinking that it was another place that I visited in the area - a restaurant well off the beaten path to the northeast of this place. While my hearing is in great shape, I'm afraid my listening skills sometimes could use some freshening up. We will have to run the Country Store loop one day with your dad.

MikeP has already torn down his bike. Some stuff is getting painted, other stuff is getting replaced. I'll help him get it back together. As for my bike - I haven't decided. I may just replace the mirror and leave the saddle bag alone. The scratches are not too bad and seeing them reminds me to make lemonade.

Great ride report pants, Sorry you were unable to make SEOR. I was looking forward to meeting & riding with you. Glad to hear your trip was a favorable one, when you come back out east to take Bob up on his offer let me know & if I can make it down I surely will.

Well done!.

As I sit here in my Rajun Cajun shirt on the last day of school, no students around, my room is almost all prepared for the summer break. My grades are done, and I am ready to hit the road somewhere soon.

Your reports always amp me up for the road.

Nice RR sir. Wish I'd have met up with you in Colorado because my break of my right mirror was exactly the same, and it looks like you could have hooked me up. As it was, I just got used to turning around in my seat before making a lane change.

I do notice that all the pictures of your bike are from just one side. I wonder why that is.
biggrin.png

Great RR and pics...I thoroughly enjoyed reading the RR, and seeing all of the great pictures. Wish I could have extended my SEOR weekend, to join you guys.

That was a great story with some fantastic photos. I hope to get a bit further east someday and check out some of those roads.

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. I think your wife is much tougher than mine. She and I have no kids, so our dog is our best little buddy. It's great to come home from a work or bike trip and they're both wagging their tails, happy to see me. But if I'm ever out on a work or bike trip and the dog has to be put down, I gotta make tracks for home, no matter where I am. My wife will be an absolute mess. Kudos to you and your wife for being able to keep on going.

Morecowbell (LOL) - thanks for your post. My wife was in pretty bad shape, and quite frankly, still is morning the loss of our dog. She didn't let me know that while I was gone because she didn't want to interrupt my vacation. She does that - very considerate of me, even in her own time of despair.

I knew that people got attached to their pets, but I never expected this.

Good RR my friend. Looking at my front tire, we musta had a good time, in spite of my brain fart. The PR2 looks like somebody sliced the sides and put an point on it. I'm more than happy to pay for a few Yamaha parts, instead of ER bills.

New parts shipped, I'll be putting her back together this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pants, your RRs make me smile. I feel like I am riding right along- enjoying the roads, the scenery, the friendships, and the food. Definitely the food. lol.

It was a shame that you couldn't make it up to Ohio for the Ramble, but there, hopefully, will be another day to shake your hand and say howdy. Glad you were able to get a little taste of what WV and VA have to offer.