Lesson Learned

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pterodactyl

Reaction score
A business man was walking down the street when he was accosted by a particularly dirty and shabby-looking homeless man who asked him for a couple of dollars for dinner.

The man took out his wallet, extracted ten dollars and asked, "If I give you this money, will you buy some beer with it instead of dinner?"

"No, I had to stop drinking years ago," the homeless man replied.

"Will you use it to go fishing instead of buying food?" the man asked.

"No, I don't waste time fishing," the homeless man said.. "I need to spend all my time trying to stay alive."

"Will you spend this on women instead of food?"

the man asked.

"Are you NUTS!" replied the homeless man. "I haven't chased women in 20 years!"

"Well," said the man, "I'm not going to give you money. Instead, I'm going to take you home for a shower and a terrific dinner cooked by my wife."

The homeless man was astounded. "Won't your wife be furious with you for doing that?

The man replied, "Don't worry about that. It's important for her to see what a man looks like after he has given up drinking, fishing and chasing women.."

Ok.

October, 2007

January 2012

Well, I suppose they were before your time
sleep.png

Never read that one before and never even thought about being a cock and doing a search to find previous posts to shove it in someone's face that it's been posted before.

I've heard it before and I cannot help myself, I am just the sort of smartass that would let someone know. I am always impressed with mcatrophy and his posts. He has his stuff together.

However, I enjoyed it this time around almost as much as I did the first time. What worries me is the possibility that I might actually look worse if I gave up those things. I look like shit now. I cannot imagine myself getting any uglier.

I'm amazed at Mcatrophy's luck. Because that's what it takes, not skills, to find something like that with our search.

That said, it was the first time I'd seen it, and I liked it.

Ten seconds. Search box at the top of the page, "homeless wife dinner". 4 hits, top one is this latest offering. Bottom two I quoted.

The sad thing is, I can remember seeing this joke on this site before, I can't remember stuff like my wife's birthday
fool.gif

And I can remember being castigated by the mods on this forum for repeating something
uhoh.gif

Never read that one before and never even thought about being a cock and doing a search to find previous posts to shove it in someone's face that it's been posted before.
Yo Ray, mcatrophy is English! Do I need to say any thing more to you, Bro'! They are almost as weird as the Canucks, almost eh! JSNS, Killjoys!

John-Cleese-Funny-Englishman1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ten seconds. Search box at the top of the page, "homeless wife dinner". 4 hits, top one is this latest offering. Bottom two I quoted.
The sad thing is, I can remember seeing this joke on this site before, I can't remember stuff like my wife's birthday
fool.gif

And I can remember being castigated by the mods on this forum for repeating something
uhoh.gif
Likes. I ran out of 'em.

I, too, have this type of minutia-bedeviled memory. It's great for university and trivial pursuit, but tends to annoy friends.

It seems to me that the mods sometimes over react in correcting someone who reposts a post or asks a question that has been asked and answered many times. (No mod has done so on this thread). Sometimes it makes sense, for instance when someone asks, "What's the best oil?" But often the repeat post or question does not pass the so what test. Even the oil question often results in an enjoyable thread. Maybe that is why some of the most popular threads are those relegated to NEPERT. And, I take no umbrage at being called out by Mcatrophy. He's British for heaven's sake. What the fuk else is there to do over there.

However, I enjoyed it this time around almost as much as I did the first time.
fool.gif
I don't mind repeats anymore, myself. As long as it's been a couple months or more, I forgot it already anyhow.

I find myself repeating myself.

I find myself repeating myself.

smile.png

Hell, somedays I cant remember breakfast.