Let's Roll

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder where this is?

RCBtourJuneJuly1054.jpg

Here is how I made my 4500 mile trek in 14 days from Oklahoma City to Harrisburg, PA then onto Grand Junction, CO with interesting roads ridden in between. It was very functional considering that I literally lived on the road from Harrisburg, PA to Grand Junction, save for one night. My tent and sleeping bag were waterproof and the cooler that held my provisions was under my sleeping bag and rain gear, which made a comfy back rest! And the soft bags over the Yamaha Tour Trunk held my camping gear as well as my personal protection and other odds and ends.

Patriot! How did you mount your flags?? I have a couple from my old bike that mounted to my tourpak that I want to mount to the tour trunk of my FJR!

VTFJR13! How did you mount that bungie net to the lid of you top case?

Patriot! How did you mount your flags?? I have a couple from my old bike that mounted to my tourpak that I want to mount to the tour trunk of my FJR!
VTFJR13! How did you mount that bungie net to the lid of you top case?
Here is how I mounted it. I also started a post in the parts section of this forum. Some of the guys have mount the bungee net in the side cases to make them more usefull. A link to the post is below pics

bungeenet001.jpg

bungeenet002.jpg

bungeenet003.jpg

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=129051

This was the last bike. No top box on my current one, so I tie bags down to my Gerauld rack on the tail. And I got rid of that HUGE tank bag, too. I've learned to take a bit less since this pic was taken. Those Moto-Fizz bags sure look like the shizzle, though. Just missed one in the For Sale section a while back; still looking. Sooner or later.

IMG_0263.jpg

Packed up for a 3 week trip.

DSC01133.jpg

Learn to pack light, shown is a Bags connection rear seat bag with my camping gear inside, an REI air pad, and the sleeping bag in the tent pack. Move the weight forward, preferably in the seat bag. The trunk should be used for a sweater or hat, light weight loads. Also if you tie down low use the loop properly on the muffler supports or foot peg eyelets. Don't forget to carry a kickstand pad for the soft dirt in the campgrounds, a squashed soup can turns sour after a week or two.

Enjoy your trip.

Brodie

8232_1192398103713_1641228495_475793_1951993_n.jpg

Dixville Notch, NH . . . October 2009 . . . on my way to Belfast Maine Nelson Riggs Tank bag, tail bag, and rollbag . . . enough gear for 4 days