Long way down

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
for those that are interested.

A friend of mine was in Monterrey last weekend for some bike auctions and Charlie boorman was on stage, I guess he made some kind of anoncement that he and Ewan are starting "the Long Way Down" this friday May 10th.

I also just found this to confirm it.

Long Way Down

By Tom Rayner

04 May 2007 07:00

Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman are just days away from embarking on their latest adventure, the Long Way Down.

The pair are planning to go one better than their previous circumnavigation of the globe with a journey from the most northerly point in McGregor’s homeland of Scotland to Cape Town in South Africa.

BMW has confirmed it supplied two standard R1200GS Adventures to the globetrotters two weeks ago. Managing Director of BMW Motorrad UK, Adrian Roderick, said: “The bikes are totally standard – we’ve fitted some crash bars and some luggage but other than that they’re the same as you would see in the shops. The boys have had the bikes for two weeks to get used to.”

McGregor and Boorman opted not to fit BMW latest Satellite Navigation systems, preferring the romantic system of maps and stars. The trip to Cape Town is expected to take several months with McGregor promoting his favourite charity UNICEF en route.

The provisional dates for departure from John O’ Groats are May 10 or May 12

For those of you that have not seen " A long way round " yet you gotta see it.

Richard

it's a great flik....if you have not seen it, get it here

51E9T2QP0GL._SS500_.jpg

after watching, you will take a moto trip soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, I'll wait for the Euro version. Much more footage and less editing although I could have done without Charlie's skinny dipping.

Agreed! Read the book, saw the US version, left too much out. Looking forward to this next adventure!

I just now watched all six episodes of Long Way Down". Better than the first trip where I found they made short work of the US portion. I hear the DVD will be out soon. Good viewing.

I just now watched all six episodes of Long Way Down". Better than the first trip where I found they made short work of the US portion. I hear the DVD will be out soon. Good viewing.
Dude the DVD has been out for months.......

R

www.longwayround.com will be your friend.