Look what the Mailman brought me!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on your 1000SS
thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Congratulations, Way to ride. Next step is taking the Ultimate Extreme ride the 1500 Bun Burner Gold,

Congratulations, Way to ride. Next step is taking the Ultimate Extreme ride the 1500 Bun Burner Gold,

Congrats dude! Your first SaddleSore is a huge accomplishment and one you will cherish and never forget. I still fondly remember my first one back in July of 2004. How quickly time flies...............

So what IBA # are you?
Signature updated to reflect my new IBA status....#54446
punk.gif

Those of us who have inhabited the insane asylum welcome you to the madness! The FJR is the pefect Iron Butt bike--comfortable, good mileage even wihth the standard amount of gas, and very stable on the road. The B2B is a neat ride, but also consider a BBG (a nice day's ride). Then there are the rallies, which add another dimension to 'just' riding (see www.ironbutt.com/eventcal).

Welcome!

Howard

Very cool! I'm seriously thinking about going for one of these this year myself. Now that I'm on the FJR it seems a lot more attainable.

Congrats Superfuzz ! :yahoo:

So what IBA number did you end up with? Seems like lots of riders are doing it these days because the member numbers are climbing fast.

I would have done the same route as you when I did mine 4 years ago, but I had a friend celebrating a birthday in Kalispell so modified my route and times. I left late morning on your route, but turned off at St Regis toward Kalispell in time to arrive for the party. About 10pm I headed home in the reverse direction. I had to stop for a nap at the Iron Butt Motel on the way back (armored gear makes sleeping on picnic tables surprisingly comfortable :) ). Luckily the insane winds from the Gorge to Ellensburg, that Bounce asked about, weren't present for the ride. Did you luck out on the wind also?

Congrats.. I guess I'm going to have to do another as I never turned in my paperwork from 2 years ago...
lazy.gif
Bet Wayne never did either.

Congrats.. I guess I'm going to have to do another as I never turned in my paperwork from 2 years ago...
lazy.gif
Bet Wayne never did either.
if you still have it, you can submit it. It doesn't go stale.

I could never do anything like that.
you can if you want. start out with shorter rides that are, say, 10% to 20% longer than usual and build up from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!! It's a great accomplishment.

It's been over 17 years since I completed my first SaddleSore 1000 and I can still remember it as if it just happened.