looking for some body parts, 2015 Liquid Graphite

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joliver

Reaction score
Did a very stupid thing and now am looking for some body parts. Left hand side mirror, plastic lower fairing, insert, possibly saddlebag cover in the Liquid Graphite colour, 2015 ES model.

If anyone can point me in a direction on this I would be very grateful. I can get them via the local dealer but pricey would be the adjective of the day.

Cheers,

Jeff

Did a very stupid thing and now am looking for some body parts. Left hand side mirror, plastic lower fairing, insert, possibly saddlebag cover in the Liquid Graphite colour, 2015 ES model.
If anyone can point me in a direction on this I would be very grateful. I can get them via the local dealer but pricey would be the adjective of the day.

Cheers,

Jeff
If the mirror has been damaged, there's a strong possibility the mounting frame is broken - the Gen 3's mounting frame is brittle. Check to see if the mirror stem can move. If so, it's a major cost and hours of playing plastic (the whole bike seems to be built around that frame).

If the mirror has been damaged, there's a strong possibility the mounting frame is broken - the Gen 3's mounting frame is brittle. Check to see if the mirror stem can move. If so, it's a major cost and hours of playing plastic (the whole bike seems to be built around that frame).
The stem seems to be very solid still and I can still fold it in properly, seems to be just a crack in the plastic and some scrapes on the shell. But I will look a little closer to make sure. Thanks very much.

I have liquid graphite paint here and I just painted a few parts for a fellow rider. Shipping parts across the border for repainting would be prohibitively expensive I'd bet. I suggest buying the paint from Colorrite (unless a local paint store can match it) and having them sprayed locally.

Thanks Garauld,

I'm not real far from the border and there is a shipping outlet there. what is your zip and I will check out shipping costs. also what do you need to give me an estimate of repair cost on the 3 parts? can I send you pics?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts