• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

looking to sell 2005A

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelerbeam

Reaction score
New member but maybe short-lived member! Looking to sell two bikes to purchase another. One of interest for here is 2005 ABS with everything stock except tires with only 1000 miles. Garage kept, no dumps, no scratches, immaculate condition, 16k miles. Asking $8500

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey steel,

Hope I can be of some help here. I bought my 05 ABS about one and a half years ago. I'm not in the market, but just trying to help you out here. You have a 2005 but not sure what the "A" is. Does it have anti lock brakes? Just call it an 05 FJR if it doesn't and an 05 ABS if it does. Did you mean to say 10k miles, that is, 10,000 miles? Just trying to help out here. Don't suppose you have a picture? Is it blue? Does it have a top case? Does it have panier (saddlebag) liners? How many miles on the tires? Check Kelly blue book for a guess-timate of the suggested retail price of your bike here at this link: CLICKY

Good luck with your sale

Gary

darksider #44

Hey steel,

Hope I can be of some help here. I bought my 05 ABS about one and a half years ago. I'm not in the market, but just trying to help you out here. You have a 2005 but not sure what the "A" is. Does it have anti lock brakes? Just call it an 05 FJR if it doesn't and an 05 ABS if it does. Did you mean to say 10k miles, that is, 10,000 miles? Just trying to help out here. Don't suppose you have a picture? Is it blue? Does it have a top case? Does it have panier (saddlebag) liners? How many miles on the tires? Check Kelly blue book for a guess-timate of the suggested retail price of your bike here at this link: CLICKY

Good luck with your sale

Gary

darksider #44
thanks for the tips Gary. It is an 05 ABS,blue, 1000k miles on current tires (16k on the bike), no trunk bag, but does have bag liners. Need to get it wiped down before taking pix

New member but maybe short-lived member! Looking to sell two bikes to purchase another. One of interest for here is 2005 ABS with everything stock except tires with only 1000 miles. Garage kept, no dumps, no scratches, immaculate condition, 16k miles. Asking $8500
I think you might be high on your asking price by a couple grand. I picked up my immaculate 06 FJR (12K miles)for $6500 a few months ago. I feel I got a great deal tho! KBB is a good place to get a ball park price. Also check FJRs on Craigslist and Ebay for comparisons to see what they are going for. Good luck on your sale.

2 years ago. I picked up my 05 ABS with a bunch of extras (Holeshots and stock exhausts, Sargent seats with back rest and stock seats, GIVI rack and trunk, and three different windshields) and 14K miles for $6,000. Granted it had some not very notice-able scratches here and there, but I didn't care about those.

Just a comparison sketch for you to help figure out a price for yours. Good luck with the sale!

For crying out loud! No comments on the seller's asking price. It's BAD FORM! If he's asking too much for it, then he won't sell it.

For crying out loud! No comments on the seller's asking price. It's BAD FORM! If he's asking too much for it, then he won't sell it.

Very true. My original asking price was governed with my heart instead of my head so I will drop it to $7500 and hold here...

New member but maybe short-lived member! Looking to sell two bikes to purchase another. One of interest for here is 2005 ABS with everything stock except tires with only 1000 miles. Garage kept, no dumps, no scratches, immaculate condition, 16k miles. ...
What's the other one?

Very true. My original asking price was governed with my heart instead of my head so I will drop it to $7500 and hold here...
Thanks Scoot for pointing that out. However, we've all seen what happens when you put something up for sale and the price is too low. It sells immediately. Then we kick ourselves for not asking a little more for it, because obviously it was worth it. So, we ask a little more than what we are actually willing to accept, and hope for the best. But who knows? It doesn't hurt to try. What happens if it sells for 7500 tomorrow... everybody will be scratching their heads except the OP... time will tell.

Good luck with the sale.

Gary

darksider #44

New member but maybe short-lived member! Looking to sell two bikes to purchase another. One of interest for here is 2005 ABS with everything stock except tires with only 1000 miles. Garage kept, no dumps, no scratches, immaculate condition, 16k miles. ...
What's the other one?
2002 Honda VTX 1800C

16K miles

Black/garaged/spotless

tires=1000k

Sport windshield

Cobra floorboards

Kuryakyn levers/reservoir covers/grips

Lower cowl

Power Commander

V&H Big Shots

Backrest/luggage rack

Weather's gonna be changing now in Ga, the market should be hopping again. Are you on Craigslist?

Good luck again.

Gary

darksider #44