lost my abs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek

Reaction score
well i've lost my abs. i've been expecting shit to happen since they didn't total it after i was rear ended at 50 or 60 kph. does it make sense for it to fail after hundreds of km post wreck or is this just karma not quite even with me yet?

derek

More info please. What do you mean you've lost your ABS? What indication do you have that something is amiss?

i may not have noticed it right away under normal breaking but the abs dash light was on so i pulled a panic stop from to test it. you know the abs feed back? it wasn't there.

i'll get it in to my dealer asap. i'm just wondering if the insurance is going to say that it is not related to the accident due to the miles. and also if there is a technical explanation of how it may be related to the impact but not fail until now.

it's not so long ago that i said i'd rather not have abs on a bike. how foolish i was.

derek

If I could go back, I would have ABS............

Since the ABS light is solid, you have a problem. Many mistake a flashing ABS light for a problem with the system, but there isn't, and it will reset by cycling the ignition.

ABS is a complicated system, so who knows why it's out. Not very common though for it to go out. Perhaps it will be a simple fix.

Good luck

Hmmmmm, try switching to Lite. And lay off the Ho-Ho's.
That's the first thing I thought of when I saw that title... so do some crunches once in a while ya fat bastid! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
You say you didn't feel the ABS kick, so it may indeed be bad. But my ABS light illuminated solid a couple weeks ago, turned out that the rear brake light switch was stuck on. An adjustment fixed that, it could very well be that the system would recognise that as a related problem, and kill ABS application until the cause of the problem was repaired.

+1

I lost my abs in my 20's and haven't seen em since. Wife's been looking for em too. Damn aging.

+1
I lost my abs in my 20's and haven't seen em since. Wife's been looking for em too. Damn aging.
Speakin' of which, the otherday the wife said she'd lost ten pounds in the last month.... I told her no ya didn't, It's stuck to yer ass! :lol:

Man my cooking is really shitty, hope she comes back soon.

:jester: