Lost my "W" endorsement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malve

Reaction score
Thursday, April 12th 8:00 am Santo Tomas Mexico... 2+ hours south of the border

stagingst.JPG

the day is starting to get real fun about now

burmwview.JPG

miles and miles of

endless.JPG

a great spot for lunch and shenanigans... here I come

frontbajaw.jpg

here I am

sidebajaw.JPG

there I go

rearbajaw.jpg

UH OH.. I'm about to eat sh$%t

loosingit.JPG

Oh my Fu#$%ing knee

knee.JPG

After a 3 hour ride to get back...I'm hurting pretty good but the boys hit the restaurant at La Fonda

lafonda.JPG

for Lobster Tail and much needed

patron.jpg

much to my astonishment, the MRI showed no torn ligaments or tendons but it looks like I'll be off all bikes for at least a few weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, that looks like paradise and fun. Glad to hear you are OK though and just a little banged up.

I can get that kinda trail riding around here but it brings up memories of the movie "Deliverance" so I stick to the roads. Last time I ventured off road here I had to dress in orange from head to toe and still heard constant gunshots while everything I came across on the trail had shotgun holes in it.

You guys sure are a 'friendly' bunch. You should invite Skooter along. I hear he's into those kind of 'rides'. :lol: :bleh:

Nice little trip report. Surely you didn't bang your knee up like that from the wheelie in the sand get off. Come on, inquiring minds wanna know.

What a great trip, Malve! Thanks for the pics. However, I'm with Evil on the source of the bruise. Surely it wasn't falling in the lightly packed beach sand, but escaping out the back window of a whorehouse. Surely....

Jb

considering how malve likes to ride to meet riders and do financial business with them, perhaps it's a work comp injury????

i'm not accusing, just suggesting... :blink: :blink:

Yes, I guess we do look a little 'friendly' now that you mention it. These guys are the closest to brothers I've got. One is my brother-in-law and the other is one of my best friends. I was the best man at his wedding.... to a woman that is.

And yes that the injury is gnarly for happenning on soft sand. My brother-in-law is a novice rider in from New York for the week so we rented him a bike that was supposed to come with full gear but they didn't bring knee pads (no knee pads jokes). I gave him mine and Murphy's law took over from there. I was in 3rd moving pretty well when I lost it and I may have hit the bike...I'm not exactly sure. Still can't bend my leg at all without intense pain and the bruising is far worse today. Thankfully, weight bearing doesn't hurt so walking straight legged isn't bad. They gave me a heavy duty brace and some cruthches but I don't have the patience to deal.

And nobody got a picture of the "Flying W"? Or you didn't want to post it..... :rolleyes:

Was this incident preceded by the famous, "Hey, this ought to be good!"?

And nobody got a picture of the "Flying W"? Or you didn't want to post it..... :rolleyes:
Was this incident preceded by the famous, "Hey, this ought to be good!"?
Or is that " Hey guys, watch this!"? :D

Looks like good times! How is the whole south of the border experience? I am sure it is completely different than our highly regulated California way of doing things. Best of luck on the knee. At least no torn ligiments from the sound of it.