• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Lowest priced Synthetic Castrol 4T 10W40 I have seen

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrZappo

Can we please go riding now ?
Reaction score
I just went to Amazon to get oil for my fall oil change before a few months of storage and was pleasantly surprised that there was an $8 electronic coupon for this specific oil that gets applied at checkout.

It is normally $48.00 for six quarts. With the coupon, my total came to $40.00 ... That is the lowest price I have ever seen this oil for so I got an extra as case well ..

It is motorcycle specific synthetic 4T (10w40).

Thought others could benefit as well ...

Here is a link ...

https://www.amazon.com/Castrol-06078-10W-40-4-Stroke-Motorcycle/dp/B008MISDH4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445188875&sr=8-1&keywords=castrol+4t

Also.....went to my local Walmart to buy some Mobil 1 yesterday and it seems they are no longer stocking 10-40. All they had was the "High Mileage" mixture. Maybe it is only at this store but it didn't show up on their website either.

That's not a bad price! Similar experience here but through Walmart recently. I heard through one of the forums (I read several) that Valvoline 10W-40 4-Stroke 4T Full Synthetic Motorcycle Oil was on Sale for something like $35/6 pack but I checked on line and they were sold out. Opened account with Walmart and signed up for email notification and a few weeks later they were restocked so I bought a 6 pack online and the price was even lower: $27.62 + $2.42 tax + $4.97 shipping = $35.01 Total Cost. Lowest I have ever seen perhaps. Now they are sold out again.

Regards,

Mr. BR

I normally buy this oil from Amazon. Problem is, with this deal, I get the $8 off, but it is charging me shipping. Normally when I buy this oil at Amazon, I get it (2 cases) shipping is free. BTW- I tried to order 2 cases on this deal as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
They tried to charge me shipping too then I noticed the free shipping option button wasn't activated. I pressed that....free shipping!
Went back in, selected the free shipping tick box. Also, I had points on my Amazon account, nice little screen pop-up (convenient!), so I took them off, and now my 2-case shipment is $0
wink.png
Thank You!

I just went to Amazon to get oil for my fall oil change before a few months of storage and was pleasantly surprised that there was an $8 electronic coupon for this specific oil that gets applied at checkout.
It is normally $48.00 for six quarts. With the coupon, my total came to $40.00 ... That is the lowest price I have ever seen this oil for so I got an extra as case well ..

It is motorcycle specific synthetic 4T (10w40).

Thought others could benefit as well ...

Here is a link ...

https://www.amazon.com/Castrol-06078-10W-40-4-Stroke-Motorcycle/dp/B008MISDH4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445188875&sr=8-1&keywords=castrol+4t

Where did the $8 coupon pop up? I ordered a 6 pak but no such coupon that I could see.

It is right on the page for the oil before you choose (add to cart) . Right on the screen under the price.

Just looked and it is still there.

You have to click on it before you buy it or it won't take effect.

Also.....went to my local Walmart to buy some Mobil 1 yesterday and it seems they are no longer stocking 10-40. All they had was the "High Mileage" mixture. Maybe it is only at this store but it didn't show up on their website either.
just buy the 15w-50. Its the "red cap" oil. works great $26 for 5 quarts

It is right on the page for the oil before you choose (add to cart) . Right on the screen under the price.
Just looked and it is still there.

You have to click on it before you buy it or it won't take effect.

Thanks. I missed that tab. The price is go good I just ordered another 6 pak using the $8 coupon. I'll have oil for awhile!!

just buy the 15w-50. Its the "red cap" oil. works great $26 for 5 quarts
Redneck nailed it.

Look in your owners manual and you'll see that it doesn't list 15W50 exactly, but 20W50 is good from 50 to 120 degrees F, and 15W40 is good from 30 to 110 F, so 15W50 would be good from 30 to 120. Dropping down to a 10WXX multivis only drops the cold weather range down to 10 degrees F, and really it's only pertinent when cold starting at that temp (like when left outside overnight), not while the engine is at operating temps.

How often do you really cold start the bike when it's below freezing?

cold.gif
Kanadians maybe, eh!
cold.gif

I had a case of Castrol 4T 10w-50 once shipped to me by mistake. I used it in my Feej, and, actually made the shifting quieter, at least when I went back to the 10-40, it seemed a bit more noisier. I tried to convince myself that I was crazy (which I am), but I still really think that 50 was smoother in the gearbox.

jus my .02