Lucky me SOB

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enn

Reaction score
Say hello to the new member in my stable, a brand new Vstrom 650 is going to keep a nice company to already well experienced FJR08AS.

I had been looking for some time for a good deal on somewhat lighter bike to explore the gravel roads around my summer house as well as commuting in the city. Yesterday a mail dropped into my mailbox from local Suzuki dealer with an irresistable Christmas offer of 20 % discount on the 2014 VStrom 650 (EUR 6200.-), a bike I have been thinking about in numerous occasions.

As my wife saw me hesitating and suffering on the decision, she said: go and take it, it will be our birthday present to you on your upcoming 50 y anniversary next April! Man, she did not have to repeat it.... first thing in the morning I was hanging at Suzuki on the bike and by now it is duly paid, expecting the delivery within couple of days (it is icy outside, will be waiting for spring in garage). I am sure they will get nicely along with Feejer.

Well, can there be any more luck in the life of a man?

iOO1F1p.jpg

Congrats. You are going to love the Wee. There are many of us here that have 'Stroms in the garage along with our FJRs. It's just different enough to get used. Even with my brand new 2014 ES, the old Strom gets taken to about half of the dances.
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep the FJR and the Wee/Glee (DL650) make a great pair. You will find that the Wee will get the most use for local rides and the FJR will be relegated for the longer trips. Congrats.

I evaluated one of these last fall. Indeed a nice lightweight at a bargain price. Very versatile, good for sport, touring (one-up) and some easy off-pavement work. Reputed to be bullet-proof. My one complaint: a very abrupt on/off throttle transition. Enjoy!

Congrats! But tell her she still has to shop come April.
smile.png
I grabbed a '12 when they first came out and am (semi) kicking myself when I see the prices now. Helluva deal for those looking. Good luck with it and keep the revs up!

Yep, and this great forum here has had a considerable influence on my decision on Wee. When you here said it is a great bike, I was sold. I did of course also test ride it in summer. The most I love is the sound of engine, although it cannot beat the turbo sound of Feejer.

I bought one late last summer and really enjoy it. The acceleration really surprises me now that I have it broke in. First 600 miles, don't rev over 5000 rpm. I have always

broken in my vehicles according the manufactures instructions. Glad to hear that your wife was supportive. I had the same luck.

I went for the red.

I would have preferred the blue, but they only had white in stock. In the other hand, some say white has less air resistance and thus better aerodynamics
smile.png

Nice bike!

I had to google map where Estonia is ( I don't get out much) but from the looks of your location I would have been looking real hard at that snowmobile parked next to the Strom.

Radio Howie is another example of a person that thinks he knows more than the manufacturer.
punk.gif

And mine idles fine at about 1200 rpm. So there nasty man.

Be very careful Enn. This is one of the tricks they teach women in Wife School. My wife bought me a FJR for my birthday about 14 months ago, And now, suddenly, she has a new Beemer (her third one in the shop) and a new Subaru Outback. I'm not sure what the hell happened

Radio Howie is another example of a person that thinks he knows more than the manufacturer.
punk.gif

And mine idles fine at about 1200 rpm. So there nasty man.
Fine...it idles good at 1200 rpm. BFD...how does it idle at 650 rpm? What?? It doesn't?? Go figure!