MadJackDog in Accident

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is Madjackdog1's wive. He made it to the very last of his 3000 mile trip when he was hit from behind by a jerk on a cell phone! It's a miracle that he is alive! He is surgery for a broken back. He has two broken hands and broken left foot as well. Excuse if I posted in wrong spot. He thinks highly of all of you and I promised to post message. Please direct all of your positive thoughts towards the Kern Medical center here in Bakersfield ! They are AWESOME
Add my best regards, to those of everyone else. Sad that this happened, but sounds like it's something that can be fixed. Wishing MJD a speedy recovery with minimal pain.

I never like hearing of another rider going down, especially in a preventable situation. All the best to MJD and Mizz MJD, sending wishes for a speedy recovery from the Great White North.

I just read the Blog...evidently MJD- Alan is fond of ice cream...as his bike finds its way parked in front of ice cream places on their trips.

Here's to many ice cream cones in the future Alan!

MJD, truly sorry to learn of your experience and sorry for the delay in my hearing of it. On the other hand, the delay was long enough for the reports on your condition to be updated (favorably) and for you to post up. Please heal quickly. Do not worry to much about OM's assessment. Everyone here understands that he has no eye what-so-ever for things visual.

MJD's wife here - I am the "official" typist, his hands are all wrapped up like a Christmas present. :rolleyes: He does love his ice creams. I'm afraid to make him choose between ice cream and me - I'm a bad looser. :cool:)

Thanks for all of you good wishes.

I just read the Blog...evidently MJD- Alan is fond of ice cream...as his bike finds its way parked in front of ice cream places on their trips.

Here's to many ice cream cones in the future Alan!

MJD's wife here - my daughter and I read EVERY wonderful post from all of you for Alan. He really is touched. Made him feel a whole lot better! With his wrapped hands he won't be able to type for a couple of months so I'm it - much to his chagrin since I have to put my two cents in!! :clapping: Your support has been fantastic. Thanks to all!! His next surgery is on Thursday for both of his broken hands. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again all the wonderful prayers and good thought are swirling around him and making him better!

MJD's wife here - my daughter and I read EVERY wonderful post from all of you for Alan. He really is touched. Made him feel a whole lot better! With his wrapped hands he won't be able to type for a couple of months so I'm it - much to his chagrin since I have to put my two cents in!! :clapping: Your support has been fantastic. Thanks to all!! His next surgery is on Thursday for both of his broken hands. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again all the wonderful prayers and good thought are swirling around him and making him better!
What a great time to remind him: The Mrs. title/label gives editorial privileges! ;)

Besides...if he doesn't like what you are typing...remind him we've read posts from other members who were enjoying their pain meds. Whoo-boy! :eek:

We are all keeping an eye on this column for updates and news. Many of us have been in similar, if not as serious or massive, conditions. Nope, we didn't like having to rely on family and friends but what a wonderful opportunity to develop an even deeper appreciation for kindnesses from those we hold dear.

Rest assured that your family, and this ordeal, is on our hearts and minds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, here's to a SPEEDY recovery and a VERY successfull lawsuit!! Have personally had two bangers [luckily both on 4 wheels] with persons I highly suspect were on CFs at the onset, but couldn't verify. First one totalled my old truck, and the second did $3K+ damage to the new one I'd just bought to replace it when it was 3days old [came out of an alley & broadsided me in the rear qtr & didn't think it was her fault, ...? Phffft!]! My attitude is pretty well akin to Ari's on this topic! Hope you can get a "leg-back-over" real soon!!

And warm wishes for a speedy recovery from Australia too. We have many friends here, many/most of whom we will meet face to face in this life, and it hurst us all when one of our number suffers like this. Alan, and Mrs Alan, may the healing time pass quickly, and without too many frustrations.

David.

Total bummer on your accident. Warm wished and a speedy recover.

Dave

PS. Thanks for keeping us all updated. When times comes, please let us all know the basics of your accident. I personally like to try and learn from each of them (what gear works, what to look for, what you might have done differently, how to handle insurance companies, etc...)

Last edited by a moderator: