Makin' a change

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoy the bike, I agree change is good. I had an '04 1150 RT, the previous generation, not as nice as the 1200's.

Nice bike. I had an R1200R for a while. Similar chassis, same engine. Loved that engine. I did all my own maint including the initial at 600Mi. which is super easy with the heads out there in the open.

Edit: Just remembered, you got the new DOHC heads. Cool

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful bike.

I just went from a GS to the FJR.

The GS had 140,000 miles on it and showed no signs of stopping.

Great choice...IMO.

Thanks for all the well wishes, warnings and comments. I went in to this with eyes open and fingers crossed. If in the end I find it's not for me, I'll trade it. For now, I'm just enjoying the "honeymoon" stage and am looking forward to taking it out on some adventures. I still bleed Yamaha blue, but wanted to try this out before I'm too old and am forced into riding a Burgman!

P1150519.jpg

That is a beautiful bike. Congratulations.

Thanks for all the well wishes, warnings and comments. I went in to this with eyes open and fingers crossed. If in the end I find it's not for me, I'll trade it. For now, I'm just enjoying the "honeymoon" stage and am looking forward to taking it out on some adventures. I still bleed Yamaha blue, but wanted to try this out before I'm too old and am forced into riding a Burgman!

P1150519.jpg

That is a beautiful bike. Congratulations.
Gotta chime in and agree, wowee that is one extremely cool looking machine.......

Nice bike. I've never owned a BMW motorcycle though I've owned a few of their cars. I have ridden a number of them while living in Germany for 10 years. I actually was looking at buying them when I found the FJR. I went with the FJR instead. I just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on the price tag (I'm a cheap bastard at heart). I do like them though.

BTW BMW keeps running adds in Stars & Stripes for their motorcycles offering deals coming back from Iraq/Kuwait and Afghanistan. I've been making sure I turn the page real quick because I'm afraid to read what the add says. LOL

Wow! You TRAITOR!
Traitor? Naw... the real issue is why he never mentioned all that spare money laying around that he wanted to give away. if he'd have told us we could have helped him spend it on useful stuff instead of overhead and markup.

Last edited by a moderator: