MASTER CYLINDER REPLACEMENT

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slardy

Reaction score
OK, guys, put your thinking caps on. I replaced the master cylinder kit and after bleeding, there is no effort on the clutch lever. My only thought is that I may have slid the seal on the plunger in the wrong direction. And, before I take everything apart again, I would look for advice.

I know that system is hard to bleed, but I put a vacuum on the bleeder and sucked fluid, then used the clutch lever to push more fluid thru.

Did I miss something? :dribble:

Slardy

Parts Fiche might help with the assembly and stack up of pieces.

Are you sure the pushrod is in the bushing hole? Easy to miss on lever assembly. If not, this will keep the bleed hole covered up in the master cylinder.

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Parts Fiche might help with the assembly and stack up of pieces.

Are you sure the pushrod is in the bushing hole? Easy to miss on lever assembly. If not, this will keep the bleed hole covered up in the master cylinder.

--G

Escapefjrtist, thanks for the response.

I was so concerned about getting things working for an upcoming trip, that I went down at 1:30AM and had another look at the master kit parts, as I installed them. Sure enough, I had a seal in the wrong place: doh <_<

I reassembled, installed DOT4 fluid, bled the brakes and I now have a clutch :yahoo:

FYI, the link you had to FJR13AW/FJR13AWC master cylinder looks like it is for the auto-clutch version. It is not the same parts lineup that I had in my FJR with clutch.

The presence of the clutch lever in the parts fiche pretty much guarantees it was not for the AE. I wonder if they made different versions of the clutch master.