Medical Transport

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millsaps2

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with medical transport back to your home while on a trip 2-3000 miles from home? What insurance company did you use and the cost would be helpful. Can you get the insurance for a 3 month period or for a specific trip? Thanks.

No firsthand experience but a few friends who have ridden in the IBR use Medjet. I just checked out their site and you can get short term membership for as few as 8 days. Transport is to hospital of your choice as long as you're more than 150 miles from home.

MedJet is not a bad idea. I've had it off and on for the past nine years: never used it. You must be hospitalized for the transportation benefit to kick in, not just unable to ride. So, a broken wrist would not be enough for them to pay your way home. It does not cover an air ambulance from the scene of injury to a hospital ($20,000 easy DAMHIK), just hospital to hospital. You can also add transportation for your motorcycle to the policy.

MedJet for the possibility of hosptial to home (not the site of the accident to the hospital) and know at least two IBR people using the benefits (including one from South Africa). Both spoke well of the company.

Sorry, I just saw this thread and may be replying too late. I am a scuba diver and carry insurance from the Divers Alert Network. They provide emergency transport, whether dive related or not. You may want to contact them and see if they would insure you.