Metz Z6 Roadtec vs. Z6 Roadtec Interact

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biknflyfisher

Reaction score
Well, the Z6 is now showing cords after 9800 miles and I want to replace with Z6 rubber to keep matched with the 2nd Z6 on the front end (yah, I'm one of those that likes the Metz tire).

I'm looking for some input from those that have ridden both models for comparison as to grip, mileage, and the like.

This may get thrown over to NEPRT, but I can stomach the shame and suffering (well, it may take a Beefeater and tonic or two).

Thanks boys and girls.

Brian the biknflyfisher

i replaced my Z6s with interacts a couple of weeks ago but, I also replaced the rear shock so I can't tell you how much difference there is in the tires alone. I can tell you that the interacts have great grip, track well and don't pick up the lines in the road. I changed out the Z6s at just under 10K like you but, they weren't dead yet. I would recommend them.

DC

I'm also fan of the Metz tires. I got 12000 mi. on the original set that came with my FJR and I replaced them with the Interacts which have been every bit as good if not better. I especially like the grip the these tires get on wet pavement.

I have went thought several sets of tire in the last 42k and they have all been Metzlers including the interact. I have not noticed any difference with the interact. My last set was showing cords on the rear at 6600 miles. I have gotten as much as 8500 before the cord shows. They stick well and ride very nice my biggest issue is to know, by sight, when the tire needs to be replaced. Waiting until the cords show is not my idea of good, safe tire managment. I have recently learned there is a wear bar if you know where to look for it so I will see how it goes with this set.

Well, I opted for the Roadtec Z6 Interact (type C) and it arrived yesterday.

Bought it from American Motorcycle Tire at $169 plus shipping, and it got to CA in about 1/2 week - not bad!

The original eq Z6 has almost 10K so I'm happy with that.

Let the new tire fun begin.

biknflyfisher.

I had 9800 on my original Roadtecs. When pushed I always felt like they were a little loose which I did not care for. Given the great reviews on the Interacts and the fact that I could have gotten about 11K miles out of them if I brought them a bit below the wear bars, I stayed with the Metz. I'm very happy with these. I now have about 300 miles on them and they seem to be a bit more sticky in the corners than the originals.

I have to agree, I got about 8500 on the front and it was worn out. Had a bit more on the rear. Replaced with the interact, and love them.

Thanks for the real world reviews , while i'm not ready to replace my originals yet, I've had Metzelers on 3 of my bikes and always liked them.

When the time comes it will either be the Interacts or the Avon Ultra 2 Storms