• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Mobil 1 Synthetic Motorcycle Oil on Sale at Advance Auto Parts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deagle

Reaction score
Not an oil thread. Just passing on that it's on sale right now for $8.99 at Advance Auto Parts (as part of celebration of Daytona Bike Week). Cheapest I've been able to find, doesn't seem to go on sale very often. I'm normally an Amsoil user, but the Amsoil stuff is just so pricey anymore.

Obviously this does not apply to you guys that can't afford the good stuff and run Rotella. Haha.
tonguesmiley.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Mobil. They remind me of Garmin. When it's on sale it goes from being horrendously offensively ridiculously overpriced to just ridiculously overpriced.

I'm sure it's simply amazing stuff. But not amazing enough. So many good oil options out there at reasonable prices.

I ran Mobil a few times. It was fine. Not $70 fine but fine none the less. Probably as fine as oh, I don't know, maybe fine like $30.

Buying expensive snake oil, when other cheaper oils work just as good, is not a statement of being able to afford the good stuff, but more a statement of a fool and his money, is soon parted.

The key to Mobil 1 oil is buying the "High Milage" oil. It does NOT have the Energy Conserving on the round symbol. I run the High Milage in the 10w-40. You can run the ol Red Top 15w-50 if you like but my bike shifts better with the 10w-40. It is usually about $26 for 5 quarts at Wallly World.

Status
Not open for further replies.